What 2 Get???

Hello,
I have been wondering what unicycle to get for lots of freestyle tricks with lots of hopping. I need one that will hold up for a long time but can still indure the stress of tricks.
What do you suggest?

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about in the newbie post. Annoying repetative questions! Search for the thread.

In answer to your question, go with a 20" semcycle. Or you can just take a wheel off your bike, and ride it like that. Or maybe you would like to build your own. Actually for freestyle stuff I suggest either a coker or a KH muni with maguras. Or maybe even go for the big bucks and have Tommi Miller make you one. Confused :thinking: ? Good.
Normally I am nice, but I just cant stand the same things over and over!

David is somewhat cranky today but he is right about the Semcycle 20". You might also want to price the Miyata 20" at unicycle.com, both are very good unicycles that are not too expensive.
Actually it’s fun to just peruse the unicycle.com site. You may find just the right fit. And as an added benefit, you can post and ask David specific questions about your interests. There’s nothing quite so entertaining as a guy with big buttons that say, “PUSH ME!!”

Hey Harper, Have I told you how much I love you lately?
-David Kaplan

Hey Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:
Sorry if you’ve heard those questions before.
uhmm…I’ve heard of all of those unicycles, and wanted to know what the grips under the seats are like, compared to others. cause what I have right now is a schwinn, and the seats are made by viscount, and I can only fit two fingers under the seat to pull up on which puts lots of strain on those two. So I wanted good grip also.

Buy a Miyata seat. Available in Red, Green, or Blue.
Green is my favorite.

COLOR=teal]yes buy the green or sea foam as they call it. the sea foam has better elastivety/flex therfore it is, more for your money.[/COLOR]

harper,do you know this guy or can you charge me,in order to back me up too on every post?[

RE: What 2 Get???

> uhmm…I’ve heard of all of those unicycles, and wanted to
> know what the
> grips under the seats are like, compared to others. cause what I have
> right now is a schwinn, and the seats are made by viscount, and I can
> only fit two fingers under the seat to pull up on which puts lots of
> strain on those two. So I wanted good grip also.

There is one seat that comes with a handle built in, and it’s Miyata. What’s
on the Viscount and other seats is a bumper, with room for some fingers
under there, but it’s not the same. Those seats are fine for normal riding,
but not if you need to hold on and lift up a lot, such as when hopping.

If you want a good seat, just get a Miyata and/or some of the custom extras
you can use, such as a carbon base, Reeder handle, etc. Until the next
“best” seat comes along, there it is.

JF

Thanks for the info
How would you compare a Miyata and a Monty Trials with Miyata saddle? And which one would be better to get?

A Monty uni and a Miyata (or any other freestyle uni) are two different beasts.

The Monty uni will not be good for some of the freestyle skills and OK for other freestyle skills. For example spins on a Monty will be extremely difficult. The Monty will also leave marks on the floor or on the concrete. You would not be able to ride the Monty indoors on a floor that people don’t want all marked up with tire marks.

The Miyata (or similar freestyle oriented uni) can be made indoor safe with a non-marking tire and plastic pedals. It would also be better suited for the traditional freestyle skills.

So, what type of freestyle skills do you want to do?

If you’re looking to do trials style jumping with some freestyle flair, like in the Universe video, then a Monty would be OK. If you’re looking to do traditional freestyle skills then you’ll want a traditional freestyle uni.

If you want to do both traditional freestyle and trials style then you will probably want two unicycles, one freestyle uni and one Monty uni.

john_childs

RE: What 2 Get???

> Thanks for the info
> How would you compare a Miyata and a Monty Trials with Miyata saddle?
> And which one would be better to get?

The Monty will have a much fatter tire. It will be much better for Trials,
or any activity that involves lots of hopping or jumps.

Is that really what you were asking?

JF

Yeah thanks again, thats all I wanted to know :slight_smile: