Well, you thought YOU'VE heard all the comments?

So there I was, riding tonight.

Urban trials, and time in the saddle, with light, I love night riding in the city.

I hop up 5 stairs, ride along the top of the walkway, to where I either ride down the 5 stairs, or clear them via a big hop.

Tonight felt like a hop night.

I could tell in the air that I was not going to land it with much finesse, and just as I thought, my weight was too far back. The wheel got out from under me, my left wrist gaurd and left foot touched the ground, while my right hand was still holing the handle.

You can picture it, not to bad, the kind where a non-rider might say ‘ohhhhhhhh’ and a rider might only say, ‘you ok?’ (while not really waiting for an answer because of course I’d be ok)

Then it happened.

A pickup truck approaches.

the window rolls down.

the passanger actually has to adjust his position to lean further out the window.

What he says is loud as it is right by me, but fades to quiet as the truck drives away.

‘Smooooooooooth Moooooooooove Exxxxxxxxxxxx-laxxxxxxxxx’

One girl waiting for the bus turns to the other, ‘Did that F**Kin idiot REALLY just yell that?!??’

I adjusted my light, laughed about how stupid people are, and rode away.

That guy must have been a genius.
I have heard that one thrown at me Brian, but it was when I fell into the lane of a bowling alley. You can just imagine, the guy probably drove away realising how much of an idiot he sounded like.

I doubt it, they probably gave each other high-5’s :frowning:

edit: wait a second, you fell into a lane at the bowling alley ?!?

smooth move, ex-lax!

haha my turn, today at work wich is a YMCA i work at the front desk there. Me and my co-worker got some canberry apple juice from a machine down the hall and i was pretty bored because it was slow. Me being bore and having an unopened can started making grooves in it with a pen slowly building up the presure. Well for some reason I knew this but i kept doing it and then it burst right in my face and got in my eye. my co-worker was dying from laughter so was I.

For those of use who don’t know (me!)- What does “ex-lax” mean?

Ex-Lax is the brand name of a laxative.

They had a commercial a long time ago…80’s? early 90’s?

Where it would show a very happy person, who would look at the camera and say, ‘Smooth move, Ex-Lax!’

We unicyclists can’t go getting worked up about what people in passing pickup trucks say. There are better things for us to do with our time and mental energy.

That said, I don’t want to give the wrong impression that I think everyone in a pickup is a jerk. But when you get into the subset of pickup drivers/passengers who lean out the window to yell stuff at total strangers, the statistics are getting pretty high…

I hadn’t heard the Ex Lax one in a while. I think I would have laughed to hear it from a pickup!