well i fell hard

the 11th commandment:
THOU SHALT NOT TYPE IN SHORTHAND

Same sort of injury happened to me last November. Only I was hopping on my 29 and fell off. My ankle twisted and made a loud ‘CRACK’ noise. I got it x-rayed and it turned out to be just a bad sprain. The whole thing swelled up and the bottom half of my leg bruised horribly. The doctor said to stay off the uni for a month because I couldn’t risk injuring it again. I managed to stay off for a week;) . I was just real careful not to crash and burn again. I hope yours is just a bad sprain and not broken.

i didnt learn how 2 type from ims and aol i can type rather fast and accurate its just i dont worry about my grammar when im not required 2

1. I’m talking about teenagers now. (not ALL of them, of course) I started hanging out in IRC chatrooms when I was 14, which makes me a pretty fast typer. ICQ came around around when I was 16 or so and then was followed by aol IM. The bad typing habits of internet chat started with people about 5 years younger than me or less. I was right on the border. When I spent time in IRC we had “lol, brb, bbl” and a couple years later “roflmao.” That was the extent of our shorthand, and most of the chatters spelled all the words out. For me typing an entire word takes no more time than shorthand.

I was mostly joking, however. It doesn’t bother me all that much - it’s just like slang and slang is fine with me. Dorman, I hope you didn’t take it as a personal attack. It’s just that punctuation and capitalization makes stuff a lot easier to read. I did like reading your ankle story, it just took me awhile to get through it.

i didnt take it as and attack i know you were kidding so was i

i once fell off my unicycle, and my ankel hurt a lot after the fall. I went to the doctor, and he said that the ankel was OK, just a sprain. i told him how i fell, nd he could not believe it, told me that i should stay out of the curcus, etc.

a week later, i was riding on the road, and he (doctor) was riding in his car, and he saw me and he yelled at me from his rolled down window. then he called my dad, to tell him that what i was doing was not safe.

my dad likes to rollerblade, so he admitted that he is not in much of a position to tell me about that sports are dangerus and what sports are safe, so everything is cool

Buddy

Wow, Dorf. Sounds bad to me. Take any advice the doctors say even if it is not broken because Sprains can take forever to heal.

I sprained my wrist badly last summer my first day out on my Nimbus and am still in a brace half the time. It reinjurs so easily. I reinjured it fencing, reinjured it prying rusty nails, the way it hurts, a good firm handshake brings tears-literally. I just about crumpled when I had to shake hade with one of these guys that has to shake hands extra firmly last week. I let out one hell of a yelp. I wore my brace all day today as a matter of fact.

So let it heal and prepare for wearing a brace for a while. I still wear ankle braces snow boarding and that injury was a decade ago. Still twinges sometimes!

No better way to get hurt than on a uni tho.

Be well soon,
B

How’s dorfman doing?

i going back on tuesday and they will tell me if i broke it or not but other than that im fine …(pain pills do wonders)

but thank you all for caring so much unicyclists rock

yesterday, my dad pretty much did the same thing but with his knee while riding my home made tall contraption

Glad you’re feeling chipper about the matter. Keep recovering!

I broke my left foot at Nationals once when a realy large man stepped on it to tell me I was disqualified from the event.

hope you recover quickly.

well im leaving this afternoon for the doctors so they can tell me if its broken or not

ill post when i get back

the good news is that i got some more pain pills from the doctor the bad news is that i didnt get any more xrays 2day becouse the doctor wanted 2 wait atleast 2 weeks since the injury accured …so on april 6th i will know if its broken or not…they unrapped my splint tho and its still very very swollen an bruised …

even better news is that the docter there volunteers at this place thats sponsering parades and once i get better i will be paid 2 unicycle in a parade wich will be awsome

warren