Web Control Panel for Linux

What if any, are my control panel options for Linux? Yes I know, DO IT ALL
BY HAND, but I prefer to have a control panel for most maintenance, like
creating new pop accts etc., and only prefer to do the complex stuff by
shell. That way, I save time.

I know of plesk (http://www.plesk.com) but it costs $$$.

http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

JD

Shena Delian O’Brien <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:1105_1009565203@news.darklock.com
> What if any, are my control panel options for Linux? Yes I know,
> DO IT ALL
BY HAND,
> but I prefer to have a control panel for most maintenance, like creating
new pop accts
> etc., and only prefer to do the complex stuff by shell. That way, I save
time.
>
> I know of plesk (http://www.plesk.com) but it costs $$$.

that’s the one I was trying to think of…I thought it was called webmin

JD wrote:

> http://www.webmin.com/webmin/
>
> JD
>
> Shena Delian O’Brien <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
> news:1105_1009565203@news.darklock.com
> > What if any, are my control panel options for Linux? Yes I know, DO
> > IT ALL
> BY HAND,
> > but I prefer to have a control panel for most maintenance, like
> > creating
> new pop accts
> > etc., and only prefer to do the complex stuff by shell. That way,
> > I save
> time.
> >
> > I know of plesk (http://www.plesk.com) but it costs $$$.
> >

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:28:09 -0800, Rodney Blackwell ®
<rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> that’s the one I was trying to think of…I thought it was called webmin

It seems so disorganized … and kinda piecemeal

that’s funny, I’ve heard only good things about it…

Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:28:09 -0800, Rodney Blackwell ®
> <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > that’s the one I was trying to think of…I thought it was called
> > webmin
>
> It seems so disorganized … and kinda piecemeal

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:23:33 -0800, Rodney Blackwell ®
<rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> that’s funny, I’ve heard only good things about it…

Yes but have you looked at it? Everything’s just kinda thrown at you on
the screen.

> Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:28:09 -0800, Rodney Blackwell ®
> > <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > that’s the one I was trying to think of…I thought it was called
> > > webmin
> >
> > It seems so disorganized … and kinda piecemeal

yeah, I’ve seen it a few times. I didn’t see any throwing going on, looked
pretty self explanatory to me (and I’m stupid).

Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:23:33 -0800, Rodney Blackwell ®
> <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > that’s funny, I’ve heard only good things about it…
>
> Yes but have you looked at it? Everything’s just kinda thrown at you
> on the screen.
>
> > Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:
> >
> > > On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:28:09 -0800, Rodney Blackwell ®
> > > <rcircler@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > > that’s the one I was trying to think of…I thought it was called
> > > > webmin
> > >
> > > It seems so disorganized … and kinda piecemeal