We need a name for this...

We need a name for the trick/skill where one foot pedals and the other foot is used as a brake on the tyre. Who was it that ‘invented’ it? I’m up to 21 full revolutions with a UPD and 13 with a clean transition back to normal riding. It’s a really great thing to practice and I think it’s getting me pretty close to being able to glide.

So what’s it going to be called?

Andrew

so this one is gliding/one foot riding at the same time? it’s called a useless skill! but really, It’s a good idea for learning to glide. it may not be traceable to whomever first “coined” the skill.

If I am thinking of the wrong thing here let me know.

You are thinking of the right one. I reckon it’s great for learning to glide (and therefore not useless :)). I managed 7 revolutions of riding with one foot extended just then which is a huge improvement for me. I’ve had a big day of freestyle unicycling!

Andrew

Since Unicycle skill names arent that creative (i.e. Seat out in front), I thought of a simple name:

One Foot Gliding

It kind of sound different than what its supposed to mean, but Its all I could think of right now.

I agree… (IMHO) I think unicycling names should be much more creative! like… unispins, possibly one of the coolest single trick, and it’s a pretty lame name! i Think we should give our trick names, the cool names they deserve (i’ve not meant to offend anyone by this post)

-Ryan

Re: We need a name for this…

Greetings

In message “Re: We need a name for this…”,
m_extreme_uni wrote…
>
>I agree… (IMHO) I think unicycling names should be much more
>creative! like… unispins, possibly one of the coolest single trick,
>and it’s a pretty lame name! i Think we should give our trick names, the
>cool names they deserve (i’ve not meant to offend anyone by this post)

In principle, the policy has been to keep names “descriptive” rather than
“cool”. There is no harm in a skill having two names side by side. For
official purposes, especially in rule books and the like, the fully descriptive
names serve as much better as they are transparent.

Stay on top, Jack Halpern
Executive Director for International Development
International Unicycling Federation, Inc.

Re: Re: We need a name for this…

Down with the linguistic oppressor!; from now on, lets use Elvish for Freestyle referances, Orkish (‘Nanu-nanu!’) for MUni, and Hip-Hop for all 'dat sick Trials action… :roll_eyes:

-C