Want to learn

Hi Young at Heart!!!

Hi Young at Heart!

Somehow I missed seeing your post in a timely fashion.

I am also about 5’7" and around 135 lbs. AND… Young at Heart at age 57.
Please have a look at the “New Female Rider Age 57” thread over on Just Conversation. I started that thread in March after starting the unicycle challenge about 4 months earlier. There is a lot of great advice there from a whole bunch of really neat people here on the forum… along with some fun stuff along the way.
(Looks like pinefresh pointed you in that direction as well as to The Learning Journal thread, which is a super thread! Thanks pinefresh!

I got distracted during the heat of summer and basically took a break from practicing for about 2 months. I am practicing again now and would LOVE to have more virtual practicing buddies… especially “Young at Heart” ladies!!

I can tell you how I “got it.” I practiced between two very close together counters in my classroom at school, on lunch breaks, etc. when I was the only person in the room. After about 3 weeks, I could go all the way across the room (about 25 ft.) with no counters. Super. The story is pretty complicated after that, but achieving 25 feet was pretty neat.

Now I’m working on 25 miles (HA!) No, I’m still working on getting the first mile with no dismounts, but I’m hopeful that’s going to happen by Christmas.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I had an ankle incident too. No fun.
Hope you are practicing again really quickly!

Hope to visit with you often!
57UniRider