Waiting for a box from unicycle.com

I finally gave up my search for an Alex DX32 rim last Wenesday, and ordered my KH with an Avro Zum. Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive. UPS says it will get here Tuesday. So soon, yet so long away.

I ordered it without the brake, since I’m going to be doing trials on it as well as MUni, and it would get in the way. I was going to use a regular Miyata post with my carbon fiber seat, but it turned out the shims unicycle.com had gotten with the KH frames didn’t actually work, so I got a Thomson seat post and a Wilder rail bracket. I was going to get that stuff eventually anyway, so it wasn’t that big a deal.

I can’t wait to ride it, Its all I can think about!:smiley:

Ben

if you got a thompson 29.0 seat post it wont work either on the KH

you need a 28.6 or a 28.8 sized post

the shim that comes w/the KH is good for a 27.2 post

when i sent my KH back i payed 10 bucks to keep that shim,i’m using it on my Profile(to bring it down to 27.2).the Profile seat tube is 28.6 and i stuck this post in the KH,thats how i know that a 29.0 will not fit cause the 28.6 was ok,a 28.8 would be great,a29.0 would be to big

27.2 is the “normal” modern mountain bike diameter and as you say works
great with the included shim with the KH. You can also get a shim to take it
to 25.4, but I’m not aware they have other sizes easily available at
unicycle.com. If you’re going with a mountain bike seatpost and the Wilder
bracket, go 27.2 and use the shim.

Ben, I think you’re be really happy with it. The Avro rim is working
perfectly for me.

—Nathan

“jagur” <forum.member@unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:a3fne4$735$1@laurel.tc.umn.edu
> if you got a thompson 29.0 seat post it wont work either on the KH
> you need a 28.6 or a 28.8 sized post
>
> the shim that comes w/the KH
> is good for a 27.2 post
>
> when i sent my KH back i payed 10 bucks to
> keep that shim,i’m using it on my Profile(to bring it down to
> 27.2).the Profile seat tube is 28.6 and i stuck this post in the
> KH,thats how i know that a 29.0 will not fit cause the 28.6 was ok,a
> 28.8 would be great,a29.0 would be to big

You’re going to be happy with the seatpost upgrade. Trying to shim up a Miyata post in a muni is a recipe for frustration. A shimmed Miyata post will twist on you after a crash. The Miyata post is made of soft metal. When you clamp it in with a shim its diameter constricts and will never fit tight in the seat tube. It will always be loose. The Miyata post is also not very strong. If you do drops the front half of the seat plate will collapse. So an upgraded seatpost is a necessity for a muni.

And most importantly, the black Thomson will look sweet in the black frame.

john_childs

According to the invoice from unicycle.com, I’m getting a 28.6 Thomson seatpost. I don’t know if that size needs a shim to fit in the KH frame, but the impression I get is that it doesn’t. I’ll post when I have it.

Ben