Videos of uni.5 SH 29er

I would say that I uploaded 4 videos of me riding the uni.5 SH 29er today but Gilby did it for me because I’m so helpless (hapless?). These are .mov files and 1, 3, and 4 are about 10Mb each. Number 2 is about half that.

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun23

The vids are on page 2.

It must be static electricity from that giant Van de Graaff generator making your hair stand up. It can’t be the wind cause nobody can ride that fast.

What gear are you in for the second video? I’m strongly considering buying one of these things. They look like they’d be a lot of fun.

Andrew

Harper,

Geez man! Thats fast! I think in video number 4 you are going the fastest. Yikes!! Video #3 is cool too for that sweet rolling jump mount thingy you did.

AWESOME!

Man, I’m writing like I’m Tommy, dude! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the cool vids!

Lewis

There’s something… unnatural… about that… it’s far too quiet to be real!

That last video, I think, when passing close to the camera, it doesn’t make a sound. Something that fast should make sound, and lots of it. Could you at least ride it while shouting “NNEEEEEEAAAAWWWWWMMMMMMM!!!” at the top of your voice next time? Human minds just aren’t made to cope with such silence.

Phil, just me

Oh yeah! I’ve GOT to get me one of those!

Phil,

Hahhahahahaaa! There’s nothing quite like spitting cole slaw all over your keyboard.

Lewis

They are, they are- but his wife won’t part with him, I already asked.

-Christopher

Harper,

When you do market these in a year or so, there needs to be some kind of standard disclaimer that all purchasers must agree to. Something like:

“In the event that I (or any other person using Zippy Harpy ™), happen to hit a pebble or other large obstacle at speed, causing incineration upon re-entry, no member of the Harper Unlimited-Motion-Machine Engineering Research (HUMMER) team may be held liable. This goes double for lesser injuries in which I, the undersigned, survive this or any related experiments agreed upon earlier in section 4B.”

Seriously.

Lewis

Ahh, that’s what I waz gunna say. Still can, too.

JEEEeeeeZ -that was fast!

I had to play it back 6 times just to catch the grin on your face, Greg. It was worth the hour and 20 minute download, too. Phil’s right though -you’ze just GOTTA make the ‘airplane diving sound’ as you fly past. That thing can accelerate!

I’m soaking up all that happyness you’re radiating and sending it right back. Whooo hooo!

-Christopher

OR Tie Fighter sounds … WWWUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHhhhhhh! (done with gravel-laden voice)

Lewis

Re: Videos of uni.5 SH 29er

Most impressive, Greg!

Where’s your skid lid? Or is that your latest innovation - the Ghillie
Helmet that we see flowing in the wind?

Doug

See Greg fly
See scott Drool

I didn’t know it was a talkie or I would have made piano noises.

Looks like a whole lot of fun! Get a cyclometer on there and tell us how
fast it goes!

—Nathan

“harper” <harper.ehr3y@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:harper.ehr3y@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I would say that I uploaded 4 videos of me riding the uni.5 SH 29er
> today but Gilby did it for me because I’m so helpless (hapless?). These
> are .mov files and 1, 3, and 4 are about 10Mb each. Number 2 is about
> half that.
>
> http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albun23
>
> The vids are on page 2.

Has Harper proven Einstein wrong?

i would’nt say he’s proved him wrong,but the phrase “the greatest things come in small packages” comes to mind.

Yes please do!

Harper,

Thank you for sharing. I’ve wanted to see your invention in motion for
quite some time. I must say that the speed of the 29er almost looks like
an illusion. Kind of surreal actually…

Cheers,

Jason

harper wrote:
>
> I didn’t know it was a talkie or I would have made piano noises.
>

Careful. Your showing your age again. :wink: