videos of advanced unicyclist learning to unicycle?

Hi!
content=title.
Does anybody know if there are videos of a real good unicyclist, learning to unicycle?

thanks alot,
jabbath :slight_smile:

I think that’d be really interesting…seeing Kris Holm struggling just to stay upright on the thing (: I think it’s probably quite unlikely that anyone has videos of 'em though…

Yeah, i don’t think they had home video that long ago :slight_smile: Seriously tho, i would pay good money to see Dan Heaton fail to hop up a curb (nothing personal Dan).

They’ve had home video equipment since… the 30s or so. Well, it would probably be 8mm film until the mid-80s when they introduced magnetic-based home video equipment.

lol, threads like these are why i didn’t record myself trying to learn :slight_smile:

our first video was great… we actually thought we invented MUni back in 1999 (before the internet was around to prove us wrong). we loved riding down stairs thats for sure, and taking 50 zillion correction hops, and like most learner videos, theres more bails and staged falls than there is riding

…good times

Re: videos of advanced unicyclist learning to unicycle?

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:14:46 -0500, LikeableRodent wrote:

>They’ve had home video equipment since… the 30s or so. Well, it
>would probably be 8mm film until the mid-80s when they introduced
>magnetic-based home video equipment.

I think that 8 mm film was not used until later than the 30s. And I
know for a fact that magnetic-based home video stuff was introduced
before 1980. But ahhh never mind.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit diddle dit dit dit diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,… - Spudman”

Ok, upon some looking around it seems I had my decade wrong for home magnetic-based equipment. It seems that the camcorder (1 piece unit) was released in the 80s, but there were other multiple piece units available before then. Kodak introduced 8mm film for the home market in 1932.

Though though nitpicking removed, at least we can agree that home video equipment has been around for quite some time.

I have a video somewhere on a VHS tape of the first winter come around while unicycling (About 6 months into learning). It’s pretty great, starts with some riding of a curb, then goes to lame riding styles, and some hopping and one 180 unispin. or really funny a frame drop kick up, while holding on to a basketball poll, and grabbing the seat and lifting it up. Some really funny stuff in that video. ha. whatever. Laters

-Shaun Johanneson

Hey that sounds like my last video! Haha, just kidding but it wasn’t long ago I was holding onto a poll trying to figure out how to do a seat drop.