Video of a 'lift-up mount' (for lack of better terminology)

I was able to do this alot prettier, but THAT wasn’t caught on tape, of course.

anyone know the official term for this mount?

Thanks michaeli for a great ride!

that’s really cool!
any tips on how to do that before i go out and try it?

i feel your pain. my friend and i used to try to make skate videos, but we would always pull the best tricks when the camera was off. :roll_eyes:

holding the tire firmly helps

Cool Mount

I think you get to name it. I havent done or seen it before. Its kinda like a seat drag jump mount thing. But you should come up with a cooler name than that. We have so many tricks that are just named after what they are. I’m personally kinda tired of it.

ohh and a Sofa Mount is a bit too much of an ego trip. So go for a Couch Mount or simply just The Brian. :smiley:

Chex

Sofa is not the first person do do that mount. Kris does it in New World Disorder. I’ve seen Dan Heaton do it. I’ve seen others do it at the conventions.

But I don’t know if the mount has a name.

Re: Video of a ‘lift-up mount’ (for lack of better terminology)

“john_childs” <john_childs.ikgla@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:john_childs.ikgla@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Checkernuts wrote:
> > *Cool Mount
> >
> > I think you get to name it. I havent done or seen it before. *
>
> Sofa is not the first person do do that mount. Kris does it in New
> World Disorder. I’ve seen Dan Heaton do it. I’ve seen others do it at
> the conventions.
>
> But I don’t know if the mount has a name.

Probably “Pickup mount” - sounds like “Kickup mount”.

David Winston

I’ve been doing one that’s sort of in between Kris’ and the one in that video. I’ve been holding the wheel with two hands but jumping and landing with both feet at once and then picking up the seat (by the frame) and riding off. It’s really fun and as you can see from Sofa’s video, it looks great!

Congratulations Sofa,
Andrew

I saw Kris do it in NWD. I tried it oce when I was just learing to ride.
I set the uni in the snow (so it stayed up properly)

Went back a few feet, and took a jump at the uni.

Both my feet landed on the pedals, this pusjed the uni forward, and I landed on my ass.

I just started trying it again yesterday, and was able to get it.

Perhaps a “Pickup Mount” should be a Level 11 skill.

Mount

If I tried that I probably would fall flat on my face…Cool mount. How many times did you try that before you could do it? Uni-On…Keith:D

about 10 times

:slight_smile:

It’s a Pick Up mount:
http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/iufrules/7sslist.html#d209

There are obviously lots of variations you can do on this trick, but what you did seems to match up with the Standard Skill version.

That’s 3.2 points!

Clever boy with a long memory, this one.

I saw the same at Mondo, minus the wheel grab- jump to pedals and reach for the frame (Max?). I also got started on another impressive looking mount, where you stand on one pedal, reach under the crown with the other foot and flick it up to your eager hands (Connie, Niel, others); I couldn’t stuff it, though, and only managed riding out seat out front. (it is also much easyer on a 24 than 20).

Thanx for the flick!

-Christopher

Light sarcasm, flavored with a dash of irony… my favorite dish!

Chris, I certainly cant do it. Irene, Ryan, hannah, and Elizabeth I know can do that to seat drag without the grab, im not sure about picking it up right away.

I’ve seen this on 1WNL - it’s amazing. How do they get the uni to stay up?

ya know, I really have no idea.