Video - Northshore structures at local fete...

Today was a great day. Well it actually started off terrible but picked up. This morning I went out on a muni ride with a friend of mine only to find that my favourite trail (a beautiful steep, technical singletrail) has been turned into a boring fire trail! It had been my goal for about a year and a half to ride it all in one go without falling and I never got the chance to accomplish it. :frowning:

But then we realised that the recent bush fire on Mt Cootha has left a wonderful black hillside with all the rocks exposed. So we did the first freeride style muni weā€™d ever done. I really enjoyed it.

Anyway onto the videoā€¦

Straight after this muni ride I went to the local school fete to join in for some very informal bike demos. They had a great northshore setup there and I spent hours riding around on it. Hereā€™s what I filmedā€¦

Northshore fete demo (3MB, 65sec)

Andrew

Sorry to do this everyone butā€¦

Brian, please go on MSN.

Thanks.

great video Andrew, and some even greater riding. Nice tumble at the end. Did you break the supporting wood underneath? That lookedā€¦heinous.

Thanks. Yeah I broke it, they told me I wouldnā€™tā€¦I showed them! :slight_smile:

Andrew

Yah that was pretty crazy when you broke that peiceā€¦ But looks like definite mega funā€¦

:)Truely awsome.

-Sabin

Nice,
Good to hear music back in your videoā€™s again. Great riding.

David

Good stuff Andrew.

[thread-jacking]

how come your video is 3.65 MB and about 1 minuteā€™s worth of ridding while mie is six minutes of ridding but 64MB!?

[end thread-jacking]

Thanks guys, it really was lots of fun!

Thatā€™s an interesting comment. The music in the video is actually part of a song that our band recorded.

I seem to remember that youā€™ve been using Windows Movie Maker to edit your videoā€¦thatā€™s right isnā€™t it? If so it sounds like youā€™ve saved it as something along the lines of what they call ā€œHigh quality video (small)ā€. The way I saved mine (you may have ot have Movie Maker 2 to do this, not sure) was to select the file size I wanted. I thought 3MB was reasonable, so Movie Maker set the rest accordingly.

All the smaller video tutorials at unicycle.2ya.com are saved as ā€œHigh quality video (small)ā€.

Andrew

Some photos of the muni and trialsā€¦

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album350

Nice! I like it. You play drums right?

David

Yeah thatā€™s right. Actually the song in the video is a rough cut version of the one weā€™ve recordedā€¦I think they (our sax player and her colleagues at uni) still have some post production stuff to do to it for an assessment.

Andrew

amazing, as always

how do u get involved in all these bike trials demos?

-grant

Well we do one or two of these northshore type demos at local school fetes through the bike shop and the MTB club. And most of the other demos Iā€™m involved in are through the Brisbane Bike Trials club. I found a bike trials competition some months ago and have done about 5 competitions since then. Iā€™ve met a whole bunch of really nice bike trials riders, some of who organise these demos. So they just call me up when thereā€™s a demo on.

Andrew

Re: Video - Northshore structures at local feteā€¦

Hey Andrew,

That was great!

The riding was great (I especially liked how you cranked up that
sloping round pole twice),

the video was great (nice how you just included picking up the uni at
the end, ā€œno injuryā€ is the message),

the compilation jpg is handy (thanks for making that on so many
occasions),

and I quite like your bandā€™s music!

Thatā€™s all for tonight.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

ā€œI (ā€¦) made it without dying, which means mere mortals can do it. - John Fossā€

Way to go Andrew!

Thanks for the trials clinic - again! I watch, study, emulate, repeat.

Tommy