Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

I thought it was fine.

I dont like quicktime and use VLC for all my media needs, and it looked fine. Full screen, and set the aspect ratio to 16:10 (hate the black bars) and it looked great.

My last post was just kind of a general guideline type of thing.

Ahem!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe. Yeah! And rightly so; YouTube has horrible quality. I’m not sure how to get it to have the high quality version.

But, as I said it is on YouTube; I mentioned that you could find it. Here is the link:

However, facebook has it in MUCH higher quality, and probably uses a similar flash player, but with less server side processing. Try this one first:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=119373985120

corbin

Thanks! Going to load it now!

Oh yeah haha sorry I forgot. It’s also better not to imbed it since it’s not in widescreen unless you go directly to the youtube page.

A buying/selling forum makes sense; most people don’t want to see ads for unicycles unless they are in the market for one.

I see less value in having a specific video forum; unicycle videos are still on topic for rec.sport.unicycling. The video forum is also not a newsgroup (I think half the people here wouldn’t know the difference), granted, people no longer use newsgroup readers (and posters), and nearly everyone here posts from unicyclist.com. I guess I’m just old-school, and even remember the days of dial up BBSs.

Just my 2 cents! Don’t forget your internet roots :slight_smile:

corbin

Hey Corbin. That geared muni looks like a blast. I gotta try that sometime.

Were going to ride again this weekend if you want to come out and ride muni with us in santa cruz.
corbin

Nice Viddy Corbin!

Geared ridding looks fun.

You should be making a higher resolution compression, with compressor. Youtube has HD capability now, and your video would look great there if you changed your size settings to 1280x720. You have an HD camera, you should take advantage of the video sharing options out there.

As for saying you will continue to post videos here and not in the video forum, I can almost take that as a stab at those of us who use the video forum. Its there for a reason. It makes new videos easier to find, your video will stick aournd page one much longer, and will make future searches run smoother. I am not sure how you get the impression that a video forum is somehow bellow you.

Glad to see there is another canon user with the same sort of workstation that I have.

Looking forward to some “HD” from you.

-Sam

That was really awesome!

I loved the geared uni part, you were motoring. Also, the place where you were flying with the geared uni, those trails looked outstanding.

Now, I want to build a Muni with a geared hub, except, I would build it on a 19" :slight_smile:

It would be easier for me to handle, and still really fast, and oh, just awesome!

Thanks for the inspiration, but unfortunatly geared hubs are $1,000 :frowning:

Great video though!

-Isaac

Corbin - When I clicked your link and just got a blank page. The same thing happened when I went through your website. Facebook won’t let me log on for some reason:o

The youtube version has pretty decent quality, provided you click the “High Resolution” button (it is pretty bad if you don’t). Even higher res. would be nice though.

Nice vid :D.
I would have had to walk every inch of that stuff in the Northstar footage if I went:(

I bet a 24" Muni would be fine. It’d just probably take a few weeks to really get used to it

Nice video Corbin, though the quality on youtube sucked.

Sweet! Sounds like fun. You can pm me with the details.

Cool – I’ll try 1280x720 next time; I did use an Canon HD camera (it is 1080i). If you have any other suggestions on how to get better Quality, or what settings to use for Compressor (or FCP), let me know! If you are using Mac OS, then you are using software that I’ve written.

I didn’t mean to make a stab at the video forum – I think it is a good idea, I just think it makes “yet another forum” to keep an eye on. My main point is that it isn’t a syndicated newsgroup (which I don’t think a lot of people understand, which is perfectly okay, considering 99% of the traffic to this group is via this forum website).

corbin

I think the main point is that there is a video forum, and it isn’t exactly new; it’s been firmly in place for quite some time now, and like the other person mentioned in an earlier post, I too am very surprised that you were not even aware of it! :slight_smile:

The vast majority of videos are posted there. So it just helps if we all post in the same forum rather than splintering off into two forums. If not, then there’s no real cohesiveness and it’s kinda like every man/woman for themselves…ANARCHY! :astonished:

If you really want to change it back to the way it was, maybe we could make a poll and let the majority decide whether to let the video forum remain, or dump it and go back to posting ALL (uni) videos in RSU.

Eh, who cares. Jess and Corbin are the first videos if seen in RSU in a while. Its not doing any harm.

Things would just go smoother if everyone’s on the same page, so to speak-I don’t mean that all the forums should be consolidated into ONE page, lol. Wait, maybe we should just do that too haha! One page fits all! Anyway I think you know what I mean. :slight_smile:

But hey, whatever, I guess I might as well just start posting my vids here too; just like I used to back in the day, lol! Afterall, there’s way more viewers in RSU. :smiley:

its called todays posts ^^

edit. by the way great video corbin. (Y)

Actually, it’s called sarcasm! (And it’s “New posts”, not “today’s posts” but whatever haha:o)