Video Cameras

Hey there,
I would love to add some trials/ trails videos but i only got a VHS camera and my dad’s not going to fork over any cash for a digital anytime soon, so does anyone know any meathods of getting a vhs to a computer?

Thnx
Aaron

there is a video capturing device of somesort that goes between the vcr and the computer…this is all I kno, but there is something out there

Re: Video Cameras

To do it yourself you’d need a capture card that can convert analog input to
digital computer (normally AVI or MPEG) format.

I use an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 for such tasks.

-mg

“Unispin” <Unispin.b16dz@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Unispin.b16dz@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> Hey there,
> I would love to add some trials/ trails videos but i only got a VHS
> camera and my dad’s not going to fork over any cash for a digital
> anytime soon, so does anyone know any meathods of getting a vhs to a
> computer?
>
> Thnx
> Aaron
>
>
> –
> Unispin - The Next Dan Heaton (Kinda)
>
> Well, he is mean-spirited; it comes from not blinking, -Scott Kurland on
> why Sendhair is so mean
>
> I can only assume that my unicycles are oppossumivores -Harper
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Unispin’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1026
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/20446
>

I do this sometimes using a cheapest of the cheap TV card with decent enough results.

I have a WinTV Go! card, and using Virtual Dub (www.virtualdub.org - free and very good video processing tool) you can capture video and audio from the card and compress it in realtime, or do it afterwards if your computer isn’t quite up to it.

A point to note is that while the WinTV cards work like this my experience with an ATI TV wonder card didn’t work… VirtualDub couldn’t capture from the card, you could only do it using the ATI software which couldn’t compress it enough for my needs; the best I could get was 10 minutes filling up my hard drive…

This is how I DivX’d Universe for next year when I won’t have my video with me. I need my regular fix of thinking “I wish I could do that…”

Phil, just me