Vancouver Island MUni Weekend

I’m planning a MUni weekend on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, for sometime in the spring/summer of next year and was wondering who’d be willing to attend. I need help picking a date and was just wondering what everybody thought.
P.S. I live in a huge mountain biking community and the trails here are awesome.
Thanks alot.

Dylan

I have one thing to say

“GOOD LUCK”

I was speaking with Dan Heaton earlier, and he was thinking over the idea of premiering Universe 2 at my house, whenever we plan this MUni weekend. It was just a thought.

Dylan

I’m game for heading up to Canada. I just hope I won’t have to hike most of the trail. :slight_smile:

I don’t have any preference for dates. Just announce the dates early enough so I can schedule vacation time from work. And make sure it’s not going to rain that weekend.

Re: Vancouver Island MUni Weekend

I will come, and I’m sure I’ll ahve no problem convincing my friend to come
as well.
Dustin
Zupancic

“john_childs” <john_childs.cuwlc@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:john_childs.cuwlc@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> I’m game for heading up to Canada. I just hope I won’t have to hike
> most of the trail. :slight_smile:
>
> I don’t have any preference for dates. Just announce the dates early
> enough so I can schedule vacation time from work. And make sure it’s
> not going to rain that weekend.
>
>
> –
> john_childs
>
> john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> john_childs’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21142
>

Vancouver Island is gorgouse; while parts have been over-logged, forestry practices are fairly progressive. Logging roads offer lots of access, and there are some great parks with swimable lakes. Paddling the cost, you can get within touching distance of Orca. Bear are a issue- just don’t plan on being the slowest cyclist.

If you haven’t been to this part of the world, I’d highly recommend incorporating a MUni Week End into longer trip.

-Christopher

If I could scrape up the money, id love to come.

Dylan-

You’re my next door neighbor. I would be happy to come to Vancouver Island to fall down alot and watch all of you talented riders do cool stuff. I’ll even wear my “Wallbanger” Team Canada tee-shirt if you don’t laugh at me while I, unlike John Childs, actually DO walk most of the trail. I’m a sensitive sort and couldn’t bear the torment.

Not that you needed it, but that sounds like a great selling point for such a weekend. I will definitely try to be there if I can get away that weekend.

For us out-of-towners, please post information on where to stay and ride details. Some people will want a piece of floor to sleep on, others prefer a hotel, and others may want to camp. If you can organize that information together and post it on a Web site somewhere (or on mine if you don’t have access to one), it will be a big help in people preparing for such a trip.

By scheduling your weekend in the spring, it still leaves the fall wide open for a California Mountain Unicycle Weekend as well!

Stay on top,
John Foss

I’d love to come, if i can get the airfare, i’m in. Why not a whole week…Why just a weekend :roll_eyes: it sounds like fun :slight_smile:
The information would be very helpful… as soon as possible. also no preference for the date.

Ryan

hmmmm. how about right after or before the california MUni weekend? that way people could fly down to B.C. and then after that either fly or drive down to california (save on travel cost) instead of flying down, back, down, back. Does anyone see my logic?? Are california and B.C. too far to drive from/to ??

just a suggestion,
Ryan

Santa Cruz to Van is only, what? 1000 miles?

-C

y’all can stop by my house in Oregon on your way up the I-5 corridor

sounds good, i’d be willing to come, but i don’t know if i’d be able to. My family goes on vacations during the summer, and i’d like to watch the good guys do awsome stuff. Me and harper could try to look like we’re doing stuff, and are too busy to show off :wink:

jagur, I would be more then happy to give you a ride.

I’ll get more information later but as of now:
Anybody who wants floor space, there’s tons at my house, and we have a pretty big yard if anybody wants to put up a tent. Or if you want to stay in a nice provincial park, there’s Miracle Beach Campground which is about a 5 minute drive from my house and is right on my road (Miracle Beach Drive). Dan was really suprised how booniesh (is that even a word?) it is out here, so it’s pretty hard to give directions to many of the trail-heads, (but I’ll do that later). You’ll need a vehicle with a bit of clearance, or be willing to scratch up your brother’s car (dan’s style) to get to some of the trails I’m considering. My town (it’s smaller than a town) Black Creek, is half way in between 2 town centers both of which are 20-30 minutes away. So if you want a hotel, it will be about a 30 minute drive from my place. I’ll get the names of hotels and the rates sometime soon.
Hope this keeps you at bay for now…
Hey John? do you think I could put the real info up on your site at sometime? thanks a ton

Dylan

>> * Are california and B.C. too far to drive from/to ??
>> *
>
>
>
>Santa Cruz to Van is only, what? 1000 miles?

This is the way, Dan, Sean and I were planning to go to MUni weekend, but then
our plans fell through. It’s only about a 14 hour drive one way.

Dylan

The more Muni weekends the better, and I’d love to come up to Vancouver
Island next year for one. Please don’t have it during the Norway tour, June
8 to early July ( http://www.unitours.org/tours/NUT/ ).

Yahoo says 1011 miles from Santa Cruz just to Vancouver, then the ferry, and
then it’s “a ways” (3 hours from Victoria) to Dylan’s proposed site. So
let’s try not to hold the events right next to each other. How about the
first half of July?

Can’t wait to come see Vancouver Island!

—Nathan

“rhysling” <rhysling.cw6np@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:rhysling.cw6np@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> m_extreme_uni wrote:
> > * Are california and B.C. too far to drive from/to ??
> > *
>
>
>
> Santa Cruz to Van is only, what? 1000 miles?
>
> -C

I dont like early july, too close to nationals, at which there will be a trials course and Muni rides/races.

Where are the nationals? Puerto Rico? I imagine not very many people will be going. But I might have a crazy imagination.

Dylan