Vancouver, BC-Street Weekend )--( X )

NOTHING compared to whats gunna be going down!

ah, well i tried. you guys are missing out :sunglasses:

O… you’d better believe I’d come if I could.

I can’t ride trials or street yet!

:frowning: I would come since I live in Port Moody It’s just that - I have only had a uni for one and a half months and all I can do is Freemount and ride away - other than that all I can do is rolling mount. I just learned how to stand up.
So, I don’t know if you want me on your Street weekend

Godamnit! Had i known about this earlier i probly could have made it… Since im like 4 hrs from vancouver. But im alrdy on the schedule 2 wrk friday and sunday.:frowning: well hope u guys hav fun.

maaaaan that sucks. Well if you wanted to come out friday night that might work?..not sure, if theres anyway to come then i highly suggest it man.

hopefully you can make it:D

I’ll be there!! Probably not on Friday though

I miss grinding!

whaaaat? for real? it says you live in france!

I got a bit of footage from today…

hop.jpg

Day 1 video: Lonsdale

Riding: Jamie from Calgary, Brian and I.
Style: Trials
Time: Friday, Oct 19, noon til 2pm

Although Justin organized it, he was waiting for more people to arrive.
For me it was a good day to ride, because it was a ‘Professional Day’ … the kids had school off, so I took the day off and dragged them along.
On the way, it poured rain. In Vancouver, thats a sign… its a good day to ride. Skateboarders are easily deterred by rain. But the north shore has its own weather… usually 3 times the rain of southern parts of vancouver. But the rain broke.
Although Justin and Brian live in my area, I hadn’t ridden with them, and was looking forward to filming them ride, and seeing their K1 unicycles.
I hoped to learn some street tricks. That part was not to be, because we did trials.

We started at Victoria Park. 10 blocks up from Lonsdale Quay. The best move was probably the 7 foot gap. HUGE!
I learned Jamie has only been riding 2 years… same as me. He’s amazingly good.
He rides with very low tire pressure, bottoming out and pinching his tube alot.

Then we moved to an area with boulder on the west side of the park.
Jamie effortlessly hopped the rocks, and then did another huge gap over the garden. I got them to show a few skills. 1 ft wheel walk, 360 spin…
Brian tried to show a dan heaton 1 foot alternating trick
Jamie showed a 1 ft mount that I didn’t get on film.
Up until this point, Jamie was invincible, but I finally caught him falling on his ass, trying 1 ft backwards (last clip in the vid)

We worked our way back toward waterfront, finding a nice wall to pedal grab.
I appear there, with my son John filming. I thought it was a suficiently high wall for a drop. Brian thought it was good pedal grab material. Jamie went straight to rubber.

The rain started to come down, so we checked out the park quickly.
We chatted with a photographer. We did some walls.
I pointed out the Korean statues from Jeju-do, that I’ve visited.
Best move was probably Jamie pedal grab jumping over a flowerbed.

Then we parted. I took my kids to the quay, where I’d wanted to buy them crepes… but I hadn’t brought my wallet. The man said I could pay him next time…

IMG_9682.jpg

The name’s Daniel :slight_smile: , damn it hank! (I’m sure I got that wrong)

Thanks for the vid, awesomeness.

EDIT: Frank right?

Excellent vid.
Man, I really want to gather with some people who actually know how to ride. There’s no one around here. Closest on the forums would be those in and around toronto. About an hour away, but I don’t have a car to take me. :frowning:
I’m trying to get some local kids interested, I taught one to mount and ride forward but no one has a uni. Trying to convince some to buy one.
Anyway… I’m rambling.

Great video, I hope to see more from those days!

vid will be up soon! its about 8 mins long

How soon? Im excited!

Yeah, I’m stoked!

Me too!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YnSK-upaHTk

heres part one, part 2 will be done soon

Nice, any chances of getting them up on unicycle.tv higher quality? Who was the poor dude with the phone that you were picking on haha?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snI3fZb9LpQ part2!!