UUU website redeisgn

The banner looks good.

I’ll second Rob on the position of the menus, and I’ll second Sarah on the colour scheme (black text on a blue background really doesn’t work well).

I’d also suggest using English as the site’s language, and if you want a hockey picture on the menu then a ball would seem more suitable than a puck.

The right-hand menu renders badly in FF3.0.4. Here’s a screen shot:
http://www.redpedals.co.uk/temp/z-uuu.jpg

@Danny
Ok thanks. I’m going to get rid of the icons on the horizontal drop down menu. Just to say the horrible blue and grey boxes are by no way permanent. There for me to see where I’ve arranged my elements on the page and what width they are.

I know the right hand menu renders badly (in all browsers) because I haven’t the CSS code to arrange it yet.

Hi guys. I’ve been working on the design a little more tell me what you think!

http://www.unicycle.org.uk/dev/

Note: There’s currently a major flaw which the functionality of hyperlinks in Internet Explorer.

Looks good, none of the links are working for me in Firefox, though again, that could be my computer having issues as I’m at work not home. I’m sure lots of people will come in with better input soon though! Keep up the good work :slight_smile: Do you have information for all of the pages that will be there? I guess there is stuff that can be used from the old site, but if you need new stuff written give us a shout.

That’s looking nice Dan. Perhaps the red is a bit bright for my taste (but then I’d prefer all black anyway!)

None of the links work for me either (in IE7), but I’m assuming that’s because they aren’t supposed to work yet.

And I don’t know why Anna’s moaning about the content - nothing wrong with lorum ipsum :wink:

Rob

That looks really good, and the menus are much easier to use now.

Joe

Just applied some fixes this morning to fix some serious issues with IE (can’t click links) and it appears to work correctly now if FF 2 &3 and IE7.

The most important things I need to know now are

1. Does the page render correctly in everyone’s browser (and the links in the link box work)?

2. Does the layout seem logical, i.e. the organisation of the drop down menu and the 3 left hand side boxes (Links, News, Events)?

@Anna - Yes I’m going to need a lot of help compiling information on the site as a lot of it will be new content (FAQ section, the new sub sections for each type of unicycling). Yes none of the links work right now as I have nothing to link to, however the links in the LINKS box on the left-hand site should work (uk forum, unicyclist.com forum, unicycle.com, BUC 16)

@Rob - Thanks, I just fixed some IE issues this morning try the links in the link box now :slight_smile:

@joemarshall - Thanks, still a lot of work to go though… like content

Those links work for me now in IE7.

I would have the links open in a new window (a href=“…” target=_blank) rather than on top of the UUU site.

Rob

Thanks Rob good idea, I’ve implemented it. I have also added a small site map at the bottom of the page.

Looks good to me in FF3.0.4, although I think “Unicyclists” in the name of the organisation should start with a capital “U”.

Yes.

Did you know that neither Google nor Babel Fish gives the option to translate a web page from Latin?

Ok I’ve capitalised the U in the UUU banner for you Danny.

quote]

Did you know that neither Google nor Babel Fish gives the option to translate a web page from Latin?
[/quote]

LOL no they probably wouldn’t, it’s “Lorem Ipsum” the traditional filler text (which is in latin, well spotted) . Have a look at http://www.lipsum.com/ if you’re interested.

Good to know it’s rendering good for people so far :slight_smile:

Looks really good. I like it.

Layout seems logical to me. I like the colour scheme.

I’ll reply to your content email later.

Thanks for all the work so far!

Paul

That looks much better than the first run.