Utah's White Rim 2010

Pamela’s has the best pre mixed cookie/cake/bread/brownie/pancake mixes, they are fantastic. My menu for the trip was well liked, and yes, we roughed it alright:)
I can’t speak for Nathan/Beau, but one of the greatest and most memorable aspects of the adventure for me, was having my son, and nephew there. And yes, we will never forget it.

Wind report = Starting on our 2nd day the winds picked up, and were sustained at 25-30 mph (40-48 km/hr) for a period of almost 40 hours, then layed down at 10 (16 km/hr) mph for 7 hours, until it started snowing when they picked up again to 25 mph (40 km/hr). Gusts were as high as 65 mph (104 km/hr), with average gusts of 50 mph (80 km/hr). There was a peak gust of 40+ mph (64 km/hr) at 2 a.m. one night. This wind was not only convective driven, but was also due to a low pressure system moving through. It took my ears a few days to stop ringing from the wind effect, or was that because of the silence?, crazy.

My Garmin 500 totalled almost 9,000’ (2743 meters) of climbing in the 4 days, seems high to me, more like 6,000’ (1828 meters). Average moving speed was from 8 mph to 12 mph (12-19 km/hr), depending on the sections, and only 4-5 mph (6-8 km/hr) on the climb out of Mineral Bottom. I am sure the GUNI’s had higher speed averages, I was slow and stopped allot.

Here is a pic of Kris on a overhang, he was able to figure out how big the drop was by dropping a rock, nice work Kris.

Wow, you asked for a wind report and what did you get?! Nice Mike!

Fabulous! I maximized my browser window on my 24" iMac and just used the right arrow key to work my way through over a period of the whole weekend. Videos too! Wow, the scenery just doesn’t quit there, does it? Some of those shots could be turned into amazing wall art. One of you should try getting one printed by these guys (www.imagewizards.net), on aluminum. We’re about to order one, a 24 x 36" picture of Skipper’s Canyon on the Shotover River in Queenstown (where the jet boats go).

Sounds like there were quite a few unicyclists in Moab around that time, but I bet your ride topped 'em all. I’d love to do maybe a 1-2 day version of that ride (out & back). :slight_smile:

I think we both need to find little pieces of foam rubber to glue/tape over our camera’s microphones…

Quite the wind report indeed!

Wind really kills me on the geared 36er, and it was tough riding through arches np. While riding the 29er on slickrock it just felt nice.

Camping is another story, it was scary loud against my tent.

Very cool guys. I have now added another thing on my to do list. Doesn’t seem to be getting shorter…