URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?

=======================================
)-/===O URGENT - VIA UNI MAIL O===/-(

Dear Lady riders of the world,

This is a question about Unicycling and pregnancy.

As we approach UNICON X, the girls of the Filipino Unicycling Network
(F.U.N. Girls) are busy rehearsing and choreographing their routines for the
Group Freestyle event.

One girl (27 yrs old) fell quite hard on her Butt recently and had to take the
night off due to bruising and dis-comfort, but she’s fine now. We all fall down.

But it’s her boyfriend who’s now trying to PROHIBIT HER from riding any more,
and of course from representing her country at UNICON X because he states that
such falls “might” hinder her ability in future to “Get Pregnant.”

According to her, she’s NOT currently pregant so there’s no worry about losing a
child NOW from a fall from a UNI.

So, in order to educate myself, as well as to educate HIM, I request any female
have already had a child, who are currently pregnant, or are planning to someday
have a child to comment on unicycling and it possible “DANGER” to a woman’s
child-bearing ability.

Please respond swiftly and sincerely as it will certainly affect the attendance
of at least one determined lady rider to UNICON X!!

Steve - Head Coach “The Filipinio Unicycling Network”

You can take the girl out of F.U.N., but you’ll never take the FUN out of the
girl!! :slight_smile:

RE: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?

Urgent? She’s not even pregnant yet…

> One girl (27 yrs old) fell quite hard on her Butt recently and had to take
> the night off due to bruising and dis- comfort, but she’s fine now. We all
> fall down.
>
> But it’s her boyfriend who’s now trying to PROHIBIT HER from riding any more,
> and of course from representing her country at UNICON X because he states that
> such falls “might” hinder her ability in future to “Get Pregnant.”

Many things “might” cause injury and hinder our abilities to do things in the
future. Driving a car and using a bathtub are two common examples, because
both can lead to injuries that could potentially threaten a future as a
mommy. Accidents in these activities are well-documented because so many
people use both.

It’s good to know the boyfriend is concerned about her, but he shouldn’t be
overprotective. Ask the boyfriend to list all other activities that could lead
to a future inability to get pregnant. He should start with sports, then perhaps
move on to other activities like walking, driving, and any other activity that
can lead to falling on your butt. Falling out of bed should perhaps be included
on the list.

Just trying to help… :slight_smile:

More seriously, if he’s worried about the riding doing damage, not so much the
falling, he needs some reproductive education. Ladies do not sit on their
reproductive organs when they unicycle. Men do. For the ladies, all the
important stuff is much better protected. Using bicycling as an example, I’ve
never heard of any studies or statistics to suggest a danger between bicycling
and pregnancy. Thought there is a potential impotence issue for men, that’s not
the topic right now…

Stay on top (and off your butt), John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
http://www.unicycling.com

“Matter matters” - Mike Anderson (of Anderson Solone Inc.)

Re: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?

I do know one person who has ridden a unicycle for more than 25 years has had 2
children and continues to perform today with her family on a unicycle. Her name
is Carol of the Mills Family who even performed on a unicycle the day before she
went into labor! An incredible woman.

I do know another unicyclist who performed on the street for years, had 2 kids,
taught her daughters to ride who would sometimes perform with her.

As far as I know, I don’t think there’s a problem getting pregnant if one rides
a unicycle (given that it’s a female trying to get pregnant). On the otherhand
if her boyfriend were riding, this may be a different story because impotency
has been linked to bicycling as previously mentioned on this newsgroup.

My advice…change boyfriends and tell him quite frankly that after riding the
unicycle she doesn’t really need him ;-). That might shut him up.

Uni-versally yours, Unicycle Lady

In a message dated 5/11/0 6:02:32 AM, you wrote:

>=======================================
>)-/===O URGENT - VIA UNI MAIL O===/-(
>=======================================
>
>Dear Lady riders of the world,
>
>This is a question about Unicycling and pregnancy.
>
>As we approach UNICON X, the girls of the Filipino Unicycling Network
>(F.U.N. Girls) are busy rehearsing and choreographing their routines for the
> Group Freestyle event.
>
>One girl (27 yrs old) fell quite hard on her Butt recently and had to take
>the night off due to bruising and dis-comfort, but she’s fine now. We all
>fall down.
>
>But it’s her boyfriend who’s now trying to PROHIBIT HER from riding any more,
>and of course from representing her country at UNICON X because he states that
>such falls “might” hinder her ability in future to “Get Pregnant.”
>
>According to her, she’s NOT currently pregant so there’s no worry about losing
>a child NOW from a fall from a UNI.
>
>So, in order to educate myself, as well as to educate HIM, I request any female
>have already had a child, who are currently pregnant, or are planning to
>someday have a child to comment on unicycling and it possible “DANGER” to a
>woman’s child-bearing ability.
>
>Please respond swiftly and sincerely as it will certainly affect the attendance
>of at least one determined lady rider to UNICON X!!
>
>
>Steve - Head Coach “The Filipinio Unicycling Network”
>
>
>
>You can take the girl out of F.U.N., but you’ll never take the FUN out of the
>girl!! :slight_smile:
>
>
>
>
>----------------------- Headers -------------------------------- Return-Path:
><unicycling-owner@icicle.winternet.com> Received: from rly-yh05.mx.aol.com
>(rly-yh05.mail.aol.com [172.18.147.37])
by
>air-yh01.mail.aol.com (v73.12) with ESMTP; Thu, 11 May 2000 07:02:32 -0400
>Received: from icicle.winternet.com (icicle.winternet.com [198.174.169.13])
by
>rly-yh05.mail.aol.com (v71.10) with ESMTP; Thu, 11 May 2000 07:02:14 -0400
>Received: by icicle.winternet.com (8.9.3/8.9.3mc) id GAA14306 for
>unicycling-outgoing; Thu, 11 May 2000 06:00:30 -0500 (CDT) SMTP “HELO”
>(localhost) No greeting given We have no validated sender SMTP “MAIL From” =
>owner-unicycling SMTP “RCPT To” = unicycling-outgoing X-Authentication-Warning:
>icicle.winternet.com: server set sender to
owner-unicycling
>using -f Received: from asiaonline.net (asiaonline.net [202.85.0.1]) by
>icicle.winternet.com (8.9.3/8.9.3mc) with ESMTP id FAA14220 for
><unicycling@winternet.com>; Thu, 11 May 2000 05:59:51 -0500 (CDT) SMTP “HELO”
>(ESMTP) greeting from asiaonline.net But really from :: asiaonline.net
>[202.85.0.1] SMTP “MAIL From” = trdwnds@asiaonline.net SMTP “RCPT To” =
><unicycling@winternet.com> From: trdwnds@asiaonline.net Received: from r4k7l4
>(ip94-152.asiaonline.net [202.85.94.152]) by asiaonline.net (8.9.3/8.9.3) with
>SMTP id SAA05128; Thu, 11 May 2000 18:56:06 +0800 (HKT) Message-Id:
><3.0.6.32.20000511200715.007b2100@asiaonline.net> X-Sender:
>trdwnds@asiaonline.net X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.6
>(32) Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 20:07:15 -0700 To: unicycling@winternet.com
>Subject: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?
>Cc: <abby@aec-ltd.com>, <joeybd6472@hotmail.com>, <delamar@mozcom.com>,
> <angiecg@hkstar.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=“us-ascii” Sender: owner-unicycling@winternet.com Precedence: bulk
> Reply-To: trdwnds@asiaonline.net

RE: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?

> The English language must have changed while I wasn’t looking :-). The last
> time I checked a 27-tear old female was called a “woman”.

So where do you draw the line?

I didn’t notice crossing it myself. If I still can’t be a boy (at least from
time to time), what’s the point? :slight_smile:

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone http://www.unicycling.com

“Matter matters” - Mike Anderson (of Anderson Solone Inc.)

Re: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?

Greetings

In message “RE: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?”, John Foss wrote…
>Urgent? She’s not even pregnant yet…
>
>> One girl (27 yrs old) fell quite hard on her Butt recently

The English language must have changed while I wasn’t looking :-). The last time
I checked a 27-tear old female was called a “woman”.

Regards, Jack Halpern CJK Dictionary Publishing Society, http://www.kanji.org
Voice: +81-48-481-3103 Fax: +81-48-479-1323

Re: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?

Greetings

In message “RE: URGENT ** Unicycling and Pregnancy?”, John Foss wrote…
>> The English language must have changed while I wasn’t looking :-). The last
>> time I checked a 27-tear old female was called a “woman”.
>
>So where do you draw the line?
>
>I didn’t notice crossing it myself. If I still can’t be a boy (at least from
>time to time), what’s the point? :slight_smile:

Mentally and psychologically, I much prefer the boy-girl mode, and often feel
boyish myself. I thought it was the Americans who were making all the fuss with
“politically correct” terminology…

>
>John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone http://www.unicycling.com
>
>“Matter matters” - Mike Anderson (of Anderson Solone Inc.)
>
>
>

Regards, Jack Halpern CJK Dictionary Publishing Society, http://www.kanji.org
Voice: +81-48-481-3103 Fax: +81-48-479-1323