Updating the Unicycle Models page

I just noticed that the Unicycle Models page is really out of date at:
http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/Unidb/qdesc/models.html
(It has a link at www.unicyclist.org)

This page has nothing about Kris Holm, Onza, Torker, Sun, Savage, Coker, Bedford or any of the other brands that have become popular in the last 5 years.

Anybody know Beirne Konarski, the guy who maintains the page?
Can we get him to update the page with reviews from the Unicycle Product Reviews forum?

–Amos Batto

Last updated April 2000, I wouldn’t hold your breathe

I am actually the one maintaining that site now. If anyone wants to take on that section of the site and update it, let me know. Other sections of the site are also available.

I’d like to do the roster:

I’d made a dynamic jpg with dots on coordinates where unicyclist live. You can click in the area you live, or the area you have holiday, zoom-in/zoom-out. But most of all: You can give a radius as input, to search for unicyclist within a certain distance from a spot, regardless country/state borders.
Also in the end it will give you a nice worldmap

I made a little setup of this idea here. Some coordinates are not working correctly (positive/negative errors), it still needs some math. And entries!
I only like to finish this using the database of unicycling.org.

So yes, for all entries coordinates are mandatory. But I think the roster needs a cleanup anyway. Well you know how to contact me.

Talking of this roster…
I wonder how Braun unicycles got their roster. It is VERY unlikely all unicyclist on that roster signed up theirself.
An ASP error here gaved me the url of the include which brought me to this one where you can read the login/password
No further comments.

So what about above idea, usefull or not?

Yes, if you live near the coast of Calafornia, you probably wont be interrested too much about searching nearby states and countries, but if you are in Philadelphia, or Luxemburg or Andorra you certainly will like to.

Oh, this password thing of Braun is still online.
Same for their (old copy of the) roster.
(who’d gave permission for that?)

That sounds like a great idea- I found the Roster really useful when I first started unicycling.

But I can’t seem to log on and update my details on the Roster anymore- anyone else have the same problem?

When i first found it I tried a bunch of times to get my name on there, but it wouldn’t update. So alas, the only Unicyclists listed in Maine are actually from Canada. I demand representation!

Re: Updating the Unicycle Models page

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:44:44 -0500, “GizmoDuck” wrote:

>leo wrote:
>> *
>> I’d like to do the roster:
>>
>> I’d made a dynamic jpg with dots on coordinates where unicyclist live.
>> You can click in the area you live, or the area you have holiday,
>> zoom-in/zoom-out. But most of all: You can give a radius as input, to
>> search for unicyclist within a certain distance from a spot,
>> regardless country/state borders.
>> Also in the end it will give you a nice worldmap

Leo, I hadn’t seen this original post of you. Anyway, you might draw
inspiration from the International Juggling Database membership
interactive globe here:
<http://www.jugglingdb.com/globe/index.php?show=members;>. They allow
re-use or modifications of their code which they provide for free from
that same page.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict