Unusual comment

Out on the MUni today, 3 separate rides in very different areas, and 10 miles total. On the last ride, I spiralled up to the top of a very steep wooded hill and there was a gang of kids at the top on BMX/MTBs. I got all the usual comments except from one lad who asked, ‘Is that an Onza?’

I replied, ‘No, it’s a Pashley,’ and he just turned his nose up and made no further comment. Surprising, as Pashley is a pretty well respected BMX brand, I’m told. Interesting, though, that a kid of about 10 should be unfazed by the sight of a unicycle, and have some small idea about brands.

When I set off down the hill by the difficult route (and didn’t UPD at all :sunglasses: ) one shouted, ‘Hard core unicyclist!’ which was nice.

An elderly gentleman atthe bottom of the hill just quietly said, ‘You do choose to make life difficult.’

I reckon old people give good comments. So was the guy at the top a unicyclist or does Onza make BMX stuff? Sorry, I didn’t puick that up.

Andrew

Andrew asked:
<<So was the guy at the top a unicyclist or does Onza make BMX stuff?>>

My guess is he wasn’t a unicyclist, otherwise he’d have asked for a go. I’m not aware of Onza making BMX bikes. So my guess is he’s a BMXer who’s heard of Onza unicycles. Probably, now I think about it, because Onza are made/distributed/sold (?) by Super Cycles in Nottingham. Either way, it was surprising and perhaps refreshing that an ordinary member of the public had heard of a unicycle brand, rather than just assuming all unicycles were the same.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It makes sence, and it’s pretty surprising.

Andrew

they make trials bikes

http://www.onzabikes.com/site_files_flash/frame_tlite_flash.htm

Re: Unusual comment

I’ve gotten similar comments from elderly men while skating and biking (None yet from unicycling).
One of my favorites I got while trying to ollie to manual (jump on a skateboard and land in a manual(wheelie) position) up a rather high curb. As this older man got in his car he said, “you know it’s a lot easier if you ride up the wheel chair ramp”