Universe II... What's the story?

I am wanting to put this on my Christmas whish list. Is it going to be available for Christmas? Time is running short!

Give it time, it will be here soon enough.

Hey Bugman,

It will be available for pre-order very soon. The video has been complete for a while, but the DVD takes much more time to produce. Hopfully it will be ready for shipping in 2-3 weeks, though that date can easily change. Thanks for being patient, I wish it could have been complete a long time ago.

-Dan

When you say available for pre-order, do you mean through unicycle.com? If not, will it still be available in Australia?

Thanks,
Andrew

All of my Christmas’ for the last 2 years have been unicycle orientated… and this one is no exception!

cant wait for Universe II!

Joe,

Dan,
Thanks for letting us know the progress. I am still not sure if that means I should put it on my Christmas list. I have family all over the country that are looking for stuff to buy for me that fall into the price range of your video. I would rather they get me something I want, rather than a gift certificate to JC Pennys or some other equally unusable gift. I saw the preview at the NAUCC and am anxious to see the final product. I do understand how things take longer than we expect. So if you can convince unicycle.com to take preorders, and have them send out a gift certificate as a filler until the DVD comes in, that would be great. I know they hate doing it, but I would like to be assured that my copy was going to ship as soon as they are available.

I don’t think I have done a single project that didn’t take twice as long to finish as I would have thought it would take.

pre-order would be way cool!

You hear that Roger!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Joe,

Joe,

Sorry to bring a little bad news, but UNiVERsE 2 will not be available to Europe (In PAL format) for a little bit. It is going to take a little extra time to convert the video and have it duplicated in PAL format. Not sure how much longer it will take, but will post a message when I have an idea.

Bugman - Receiving U2 by Christmas is pushing it. We’ll see though. Once pre-ordering is available, the video could be ordered as a Christmas gift, but most likely will not arrive til a little bit after Christmas.

-Dan

Preview?

Is there a preview of U2 on the net anywhere??? :slight_smile:

watching the equipment in U-II will be weird.there has been so much progress in unicycles just in the last year that i bet they will look some what out dated allready.

the riding though is another story,ive seen two different previews (not on the net) and its a truely revolutionary style of riding indeed…

I can’t recall what video format Australia uses. Do you guys use NTSC or PAL? Or do you not know?

If NTSC is your flavor, you can order it from Unicycle.com in the USA or Beford in Canada, when its ready. The discs will not be region coded, so if you use NTSC, the first-run North American discs should suit you.

Re: Universe II… What’s the story?

uniryder wrote:
> Sorry to bring a little bad news, but UNiVERsE 2 will not be available
> to Europe (In PAL format) for a little bit. It is going to take a
> little extra time to convert the video and have it duplicated in PAL
> format. Not sure how much longer it will take, but will post a message
> when I have an idea.

What about the DVD? We’re quite happy to play NTSC DVDs over here…

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

I’m pretty sure we use PAL here.

Thanks,
Andrew

I’m fairly sure that Australia uses PAL. My dvd player is “multi-zone” so I’ll be keen to buy it asap, regardless of where it’s from.

Be careful, you impatient, off-shore bandits. You have to consider both “Region Coding” and video standards.

1-Region Coding is a safeguard put on the DVD that makes it so you can’t play a DVD unless your DVD player’s region matches the region of the disc. USA & Canada is Region 1. The bulk of Europe is Region 2. I can’ t play a region 2 disc in my region 1 player.

Universe 2 will be Region 0 - it will play on all players, so you don’t have to worry about that. You do have to worry about…

2-Video standards. NTSC, PAL, SECAM. TVs in USA and Japan operate on the NTSC standard - the type of signal. This goes beyond DVDS - it’s everything that’s on the TV. Television brodcast on the air is NTSC. Europe (minus France) uses PAL. France uses SECAM, etc…

So anyway, Universe 2 will be region 0, so you won’t have any problems with player lockout, but your TV will still need to be able to support an NTSC video playback. I know a lot of Europeans have NTSC-capable TVs, so I guess they can do that.

I just want to make sure you guys don’t get it and can’t play it.