Universe 2 compatibility

Will the Universe 2 DVD play properly on an X-Box? How about on a computer with PowerDVD software? Has anyone tried either of these?

This thread http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29175&perpage=10&highlight=universe%202%20NTSC&pagenumber=2 goes some way to explaining, but not fully.

–Tony

UNiVERsE 2 plays just fine on an X-Box. You can even get to the secret section.

UNiVERsE 2 also plays just fine with Power DVD on a PC (Power DVD version 3.0 with Windows 2000). You can even get to the secret section. The secret section is actually much easier to find using Power DVD rather than a conventional DVD player. The still frames in the rider bios and other sections also look better on the computer than an interlaced TV. On the computer the still frames are rock solid. On the TV they wave around a little and it’s harder to read.

Where’s the secret bit? I found some blatant plugging for unicycle.com with a monocycle and stuff but wasn’t sure if this was the secret bit.

BTW, as for compatiblity, the DVD worked fine on the Kenwood DVD Player except I had to switch the TV to NTSC mode to get colour. It works fine on the laptop using Windows Media Player. Haven’t tried it with PowerDVD.

Pete

Excellent! Thanks for the info John and Pete - just what I needed!

–Tony