unispins

Try it on a flat field. The grass will worry you less about a fall. The flatness will make it easier.

I can do a 180, but am working toward a 360. I like Joe’s slow mo video’s. Go to youtube.com and search ‘slow motion unicycle’
Notice his hand positions in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOfYH7IRm2Y

Just try the spin without even getting no the unicycle.
Get a KH 2007 street seat… thinner. Easier to grab and whip around.

I just rode until I got callouses on the insides of my legs!:stuck_out_tongue:

I really can’t be bothered searching through the mounds of threads so i figure i’ll just ask here. Can someone post a how to on unispinning for idiots 'cause i have no idea about what im meant to be landing on, holding onto etc.? If not can someone point in the right (thread) direction?

unispins

1. Learn to hop seat in front (well, and forever)
  2. Get comfortable hopping sif with one hand on the front handle, and the other one facing it holding the back bumper
  3. Get your hands in position and practice jumping onto the uni from the ground and spinning it 180 before you land. Make sure not to start spinning until you are off the ground. At first, just aim for the middle of the cranks. Leg armour is reccomended.
  4. Put it all together. Hop sif with your hands in position, until your feel steady. Pause for a second and spin the seat. Make sure to jump, then spin. The unicycle doesn’t need to lift off very high, or at all at this stgage, just take your weight off it as you spin it.
  5. At first, work on just spinning the uni. This should only take a few tries.
  6. Kick your feet outwards to avoid hitting the wheel.
  7. Now, the hard part; landing the trick. Aim for the cranks at first, so that you land with the arches of your feet both right next to the hub. No matter what, even if you are way of balance and won’t land it, always try to stick both feet.
  8. Once you land on the cranks, hop around and get your feet back on the pedals, and ride away.
  9. If you keep screwing up the same way over and over (ie your left foot always chickens out), take a quick break, try something else and come back. You’re just training yourself to do it wrong.

This is way easier with 20" unicycles.

i want to see a unispin on a 12" uni or sommit… how funny would that look…:smiley:

I’m guessing they’d be super super easy… if you could ride the thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

i did one in recently on my 24in muni. just a 180 but still, pretty hard.

Don’t do it that way. It works fine for 180s but if you want to learn 360s or more you will probably have to change it.
I (and most people) have both hands on the side of the seat. I spin it to the right and I have both my hands on the left side of the saddle with my right hand in front of my left. That is a better way to do it. For 180s you will just twist your hands and for 360s you twist them the same but faster and then let it go.

I have done 360 unispins on a 12" uni with the seat all the way down. It was harder than normal just because it is so squished.

Here is a unispin vid I made a while ago. It is mostly 540s but you can see my hand positioning and stuff.

I put my right hand on the left side of the saddle towords the front, and the left hand on the right side of the saddle towards the back, so that your arms cross. When you jump, pull with your right hand and push with your left. This makes it way easier to catch for 360’s. Actually, I’ve only done 360 spin mounts.

How would that make it easier to catch? You are letting go of it anway, right? If anything it might be easier for you to get the spin.

Your left hand is already in a position to catch it. You obviously have to let go with your left hand some time, usually pretty early on in the spin. after you let go, just spin your hand 180 so that your palm faces the right, and you can catch the back of the seat after it spins 360.

So this mean i’m going to fall on my ass alot trying to land anything over a 180 cause i’m getting old and my ass can take much falling anymore lol damn why did i just have to start learning now!! lol

here watch its a unispin tutorial thing I made, hope it helps

lol the help i need is gettin my feet out and away from wheel then after that is getting my other foot on the crank or pedal… other then that the uni spins smooth… and thats on 360’s, 180s are easy

I’ve just managed to learn these babies, don’t get it all the time and sometimes chicken out if it feels wrong but I didn’t go thru any of that land on the cranks nonsense, just got 180 mount down and then went for it, its all about having the balls to go for it once you do you’ll wonder why you never got them before. Never racked up either, balls have always got away safe, pedals hitting back of legs which aren’t protected by pads or owt can be annoying though.
Just keep trying them

well when u land the 360 let me know cause if u get it b4 me i’m going to cry lol

My shins agree with you :wink: