"unilution" (new year unicycling resolution)

Nothing that complex, I’ve actually forgotten the uni term, AND the bmx/motorcross term… It’s no so much a trick but a bit of stylistic flair. It’s like the unicycle version of a tabletop.

Although sometime in the future I’d like to re-learn unispins again. I used to be able to land about 80% of my 180 unispins, then for some reason I started flipping my pedals on accident during the spin.

I could also use some work on my figure eights, they’re not very tight.

This year I want to finish learning 180 unispins, increase my hop height a bit and ride 100 miles in a day. Hopefully I’ll have enough time this summer to get it all done.

I’ve got a big list but I’m still quite early on in my learning so it might all be achievable.

For 2014 I’m aiming to learn to:

• Idle
  • Ride backwards
  • Ride off a curb (confidently)
  • Ride up a curb
  • Hop up and down steps

Other than that I’d like to improve how long/far I can ride trails…still only managing 1 - 2km at a time.

UL

A shifty?

I Think I know the bike trick u r talking about, but I can’t think of the name either.

I would like to learn to 180 unispin. Go to Munifest. Complete another century. Start filming my riding. Get 5 new uni-converts in my local area.

Yup yup, that’s the one. Then of course once I’ve mastered it, spicing it up no-footed, with tire grabs, etc.

Tabletops aren’t quite the same, since they rotate horizontal, but still similar I think

36er tour bar

Unibokk… I got my 36er last February. When i first put my KH Tbar on it messed up my weak free mount.

Fast forward 8 months… I can 't image not having my Tbar. It makes a HUGE difference not only for improved comfort but more importantly, more power and control.

Thanks for the encouragement Biped. I’m looking forward to mastering the T-bar. I intend to cycle longer distances next year and I reckon that using the T-bar should save a lot of energy and as you mentioned it should give me more power and control. I’ll post my progress on this thread.

I’m reeaaly looking forward to this.

When you first learn to ride, it’s very clear what you need to learn, but now there are so many possibilities that I decided to see if anyone on this forum had any suggestions for 2014, or even for the next few weeks. This morning I learned to idle (25X) on one foot, :smiley: but can only do it right after mounting, not while riding or idling with two feet. I can sidemount on one side, rollback on either. Idling is also something I only do on one side, regardless of how many feet I use.

My new-ish uni has a KH20FL wheelset with noisy spokes and a 2.4” tire, so maybe learning to hop up stairs would be an option. The spokes seemed to stop creaking after I rubbed some candle wax on them, but now they creak even more, -only when I idle with two feet or switch into reverse, though. I do have a spoke wrench, and have trued bike wheels in the past, but thought I’d call UDC before tinkering.

Oh well, any suggestions?

Did it today!

Learn to idle perfectly! Still hasn’t been done… I can’t get it at all :frowning:

Sweet work dude…so what’s the next hurdle?

UL

So my trail riding is up to the 7km + mark now…2km is like a warm up :roll_eyes:
Started making a serious effort to ride off curbs/steps but need to build confidence and height. Plenty to work on but now the evenings are getting lighter I have a bit more time for play.

Yeah, Well Done 1x1 offroader :slight_smile:

hello everybody. I am now riding fairly comfortably on my 36er with KH t-bar attached. I began using the t7 curved bar on my 26er muni on grassy trails but I found the hand position too high and the handles were in the way on a forward dismount/UPD. I then tried the KH t-bar on my 29er. I liked adjustability of the KH t-bar and I set the handles low and close to the hand grip.

When I felt that I had enough control I ventured onto the cycle path and got quite comfortable.

The next step was to ride with the t-bar on my 36er. Once again back to the grass until I felt comfortable and then out on to the cycle path.

I find that with the handlebars on my average speed has increased and cycling is less tiring allowing me to cycle further.

A new challenge and a new achievement. YEAAHHH!!!

My actual goal this year was to learn to Unicycle and also to get good enough by the end of the year to be able to ride to the local supermarket (about 1.5 km ea way with a few steps, speed humps, up hills and down ) and back home with some shopping :slight_smile:

I have come from 0 Uni back ground. spent Jan getting the cash together and deciding on wheel size. (went for a 26" KH)

Now have had one month of learning to ride and having a blast :slight_smile:

last night I set off from my house with a gutter mount and made it half way to the shops before falling off due to leg fatigue and getting sketchy.:slight_smile:

There are so much goals for 2014 that I’m hoping to achieve …

• Riding down stairs (first training tomorrow)
  • improve my downhill skills and brake usage
  • finish the Salzkammergut-Trophy muni race in about 2 hours (last year 2:27)
  • get swing up mount save
  • get wheel walk one foot save (max now: 21 steps)
  • jumping up stairs
  • maybe start drag seat
let's see what is achieved at the end of december

Thanks! Stalling better, then hopping.

Doing OK on this most of the time. I tend to get in trouble when opportunities present themselves to compare my abilities or my slow rate of progress with anyone else’s. Strava can be really bad for that. But I should be alright if I give kudos, post a Second Sunday ride when I do one, and never ever look at a leader board.

I pride myself in always being at the bottom of that Leaderboard…if it weren’t for people like me those at the top couldn’t feel smug :roll_eyes:

Like you (I think) distance isn’t vitally important to me, rather, I’d like to develop all-round. So instead of clocking up the kilometres (they’re easier than miles don’t you know) I mix up increasing my riding distance with working on skills like drops off curbs, bunny hopping, etc.

I may be at the bottom of that Leaderboard but in my mind I’m a unicycling god!

UL
#UnicycleBadass