unicyle of tomorrow

@Mikefule
Where the hell is your mother? Because I want to thank her for raising you with such a damn fine imagination and sense of humor.

Why don’t somebody try this.
I mean make it for real and see of it works.

…Probably not the best idea. If I were gonna’ make something of that caliber, I’d be sure the idea works before trying to make it.

For that model to work, their would have to be hinges on the hub, as well as the rim, or the rim would have to be able to flex. That would be pretty SWEET to ride though.

No, it would be way too spongy.

Old skool

Forget the uni of tomorrow, I want the uni of yesteryear today :smiley:

Sorry, I got my two links backwards.

If you read even a few of the first posts in that thread you would have seen that that particular design would not work. However there were at least 5 designs that I thought had potential.

But it’s a good picture and got the ideas flowing for 182 posts over 2 1/2 years. And to really know if it is going to work a prototype would have to be built. And agressively tested, which I don’t think this one has.
Like this one.

One of my favorites is this one from post 104

Yes, there would need to be hinges at all 3 mounts to the rim and 2 of the 3 mounts to the hub (all three would cause too much wind-up). Also the spokes would help keep the rim tensioned and true.

it wouldnt. the rim would get messed up sooo fast, because their is very little support on it, you would ridea couple inches below the center of the wheel due to sag, it wouldnt be that much softer if any, your hopping hight would SUCK (for anyone)
probably more reasons

skilewis, the second one could work, and that is actually a neat looking thing, but it would still have all the problems i just listed but it probably wouldnt be so severe

i here by make it my winter duty and metal shop experience to make an all aluminum (except for seat and tire and tube) unicycle, with the hydrolic thingys (brain blank) for the rim, spokes ehhh… but im going to use an old rim, old hub or one off ebay, and then use a rubber bladder filled with air for compression, a pipe for the hydrolic, another pipe inside that to press against the bladder, in the end about as easy as building a guitar. You can buy or find all the parts, but you need to find time to build it. And mabye i’ll show it off at mondo

my ideal super unicycle would be a solid rubber tire… so i wouldnt have to pump it up. And a seat with feathers in it. and a fan. And also it would shoot water. and the cranks would be super reinforced steel, also that with the hub and splined, and the splines would be about 1cm deep. and the pedal would have a catch on the top, and the unicycle would have a massively powerful gyroscope to support it when i do S.I.F. stuff. and a wheelie bar (ha…)

This thing looks awesome.

yes but would it work

No I guess the spokes wouldn’t let the suspension work so it would be worthless.

The spokes wouldn’t get in the way. As far as I can tell the only purpose of the spokes is to hold up that little ring in the middle. But as that ring isn’t attached to anything I don’t quite see the point, other than adding some strength to the rim.

Uvi Of Tomorrow

Pedals geared to a large propeller. And a pneumatic seat post so you can hop over cars and freak them out. :wink: [URL=“www.tlb.org/eunicycle.html”] :smiley:

lalal

that design has been used… there is a japanese full suspension uni w/ a training wheel somewheresss

the pneumatic pistons need springs and to be hard… so that only a 5+foot drop would activate them, otherwise they would very effectively DESTROY the rim at any pressure… you need spokes holding the rim in place where the pistons meet the rim.

The perfect unicycle of tomorrow would have a comfortable saddle on which I could ride for miles and miles without having to worry about numbness or discomfort. Perhaps it would have an automatic (programmable) system of adjusting itself ever so slightly to increase and decrease the pressure at particular points. I would also be able to fit my backside on it comfortably.

massaging unicycle seat what?
lol
that would be funny right there… but it might end up as a sex toy?

I might wait until tomorrow to get the unicycle of tomorrow. Why get it now when you can wait?

lol
niiiiiice

i think unicycles are going the opposite direction now that i have thought about it… they are only getting stronger…