Unicyclists wanted for Princetown carnival (Devon, UK)

There should be plenty of pics. My wife Helen is a keen photographer, and she will no doubt be taking pictures to embarass me with later :slight_smile: Hopefully she’ll take some with the digital camera so we don’t have to wait for film processing. I’m sure other people will take some shots as well, or even film.

Rob

Well I now have some black plastic chain and a plastic ball to attach to it from B&Q. I also have a white disposibale bolier suit.

The suit cost £1… yes one whole quid from Greenham trading. If any one else wants one shout soon as I COULD get some more tomorrow. They are one size only to fit people up to 176cm tall and with a girth of up to 100cm. B&Q had some one size fits all for about £2.50.

What’re other people planning on wearing?

Sarah

So you’re definitely coming then Sarah :slight_smile:

I’ve got a white spraying suit (not as cheap as yours but it’s acid proof :p) and a black marker. Arrow drawing time tonight!

See you tomorrow then!

Rob

That’s pretty much everybody I know about. Phil is coming, and somebody called manj… or is he the same as Trev?

Rob

manj is alicks bro but he is not that amazing but good enough but trev is well good level 9 goin on 10 cheeky git

Indeed, I’ll be there. Due to one thing or another I haven’t had time to create a marvellous costume so will be doing my normal impression of a unicycle.com corporate whore.

Better dust off the 20" unicycle from the back of the garage I suppose…

Unfortunately I’m busy on the sunday, so I can’t stay for a muni. Some other weekend, hopefully.

See you all tomorrow!

Phil

it was good i had a good day and the best bit of all was the advert in the loyds tsb bank. it had a man riding a unicycle. hell yer. i took a pic but its on my phone. yeah!!!

Thanks to all of you who came to the carnival. The weather started off misty but soon cleared and was hot and sunny. Our half-hour demo in the arena went quite well - perhaps we could have been a bit more organised :o but the people watching seemed impressed enough by our random assortment of trials, freestyle, acrobatics and hat tricks.

The parade was great fun with three of us in “prison” costume, Sarah and Paul with their chain (the ball fell off rather early :() allowing some antics such as spinning and limbo, Phil’s “jump of doom” over the chain, Manj’s handlebar wheel… most enjoyable mile I’ve ridden for some time :slight_smile:

Phil, Sarah, Paul, Sarah’s mum & dad and myself stayed and ate some of the excellent ram roast sandwiches - and I have to admit I stayed in the pub a bit longer after they left, and couldn’t actually ride my unicycle home :o (I made it about 20 yards before I almost face planted and decided walking was safer).

Altogether a successful day - makes me want to do some of the bigger carnivals sometime (Princetown’s a pretty amateurish affair!)

Helen was taking pics of us during the day, which I’ve put on a hastily knocked-up web page at http://www.northcotts.clara.net/carnival/pics.html

Thanks again to everybody - really helped me out.

Rob

Yes - I haven’t seen that anywhere else. When they put it up everybody thought it was me (because of course there is nobody else who can ride a unicycle :roll_eyes: )

wow those pics were great. you rule amanda

Thank you for organising that Rob, twas a good afternoon out. I do think that with a little more work we could make something good on unis for a carnival parade, the boiler suits and chain worked pretty well and gave some nice options for stuff to do - the jump of doom for example.
Best responce to the uni group I heard came from one of the scouts (also in the parade), she said, “WOW, cool”.

Sarah

GET A ROOM!, Jesus :roll_eyes: :p.

Glad everyone hada good time & I wish I could have come down since it looked like a good (and bad weather banishing) time was had by all.

Loose.