Unicyclists in London

I’ve done a good bit of searching around for threads/posts about London and I don’t seem to be any closer to finding out if anybody unicycles around the city other than for commuting purposing.

I’m mainly into street and trials, but I do like some flatland and also unicycle hockey.

My idea here was to meet people that ride in London (as I am quite new to living here) and learn a bit more from people and generally have a good time.
So… If you live in London then put your hands up!

LUnis play hockey on Thursday night under the Westway 8pm. PM me or search the forum for more details,

Hackney also has hockey on Tuesday or Wednesday.

There have been some trials meets on the South Bank (Shell building?) over the last few years, usually announced on the forum. The only time I’ve been there was on the recent Coker tour(ism) ride when Liam had a go with a 36" and SPD’s.

I don’t live in London but do play hockey with LUnis.

Cheers keg, sounds good. I’ll have a look into that.
The 36er with SPDs sounds interesting!

Where abouts in London have you moved to?

As Keg has mentioned, Hackney is also a good venue for hockey. There are a bunch of younger riders there that also do some trials stuff too, so if it’s not too far, it’s worth getting along to.

The address is Paragon School, Paragon Road, Hackney; http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=paragon+road+hackney&sll=51.525773,-0.076628&sspn=0.085975,0.154495&ie=UTF8&z=16&g=paragon+road+hackney&iwloc=addr

I think it’s 6.30ish start for 7pm kick off.

STM

I live near Camden, so it’s not too far away. About 4-5 miles I think. What days is that on?

Well, you’ve got a 1 in 7 chance of guessing it correctly :smiley:

Oh, ok, it’s Wednesday.

STM

Edit: Oh, and if you want to ride there, the canal goes almost all the way from Camden (Apart from a little bit of traffic stuff around Islington) to Mare St in Hackney. I used to ride that way in the summer sometimes.

Cheers, sounds good. I’m heading off back to Leicester for the crimbo holidays, but I’ll be checking that one out when I get back in the new year.

Speaking of unicyclists in London, is this anyone we know?

Caption: Victorian-style performers in Regent Street, as a number of London’s streets were pedestrianised to help with the large crowds. The one-day traffic shutdown, which attracted more than one million people to a similar event last year, will block Oxford Street and Regent Street off to traffic between 10.30am and 8pm as part of the Shop West End VIP Day.

uni.JPG

There’s another slightly shorter fella’ next to him as well!