Unicyclists and pugs

Hi! Along with unicycling, I love pugs. (the dog) I have a pug named Doug who is sleeping by my feet right now. I was wondering if anybody else who unicycles also likes pugs or has a pug. Just curious!

Nikki

I attached a photo of him when he was a little puppy.

jug the pug2.jpg

Re: Unicyclists and pugs

Well, it just so happens that it has been decided that when the time for a dog has come, my family will be getting a pug. My wife and I would like to name him (assuming it is a he) Obediah. My daughter wants to name him Champion. We’ll have to see.

Nice looking do(u)g, by the way.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Really? Cool. I had a pug before named Bubba, but he died. He got into a huge box of chocolates and ate almost all of them. There’s something in chocolate that’s poisonous to dogs. Pugs (at least all the ones I’ve known) love food. In, Bubba’s case, this love was the death of him. :frowning: He was much calmer than Doug is. Doug is wild unless he’s sleeping. Although lately he’s been calming down a bit. He is still only about 9 months old.

I don’t know, Obediah seems like quite a serious name for a creature as comical-looking as a pug. Maybe you could call him Obie for short! That would be really cute! Like those alien toys that you squeeze and their eyes pop out! Ask your daughter if she likes that name. :slight_smile: Bye!

Nikki

PUGS

At the school i go to, there are a bunch of dogs free to wander around campus. One particular one, Rufus, is a pug. He has a habit of taking your stuff and not letting go of it when you want it back. There are anout 6 or 7 dogs that wander the campus, but this one stands out because of its attitude where he thinks he is bigger than everyone else.

scott

>> *Hi! Along with unicycling, I love pugs. (the dog) I have a pug
>> named Doug who is sleeping by my feet right now. I was wondering if
>> anybody else who unicycles also likes pugs or has a pug. Just
>> curious!
>
>Well, it just so happens that it has been decided that when the time for
>a dog has come, my family will be getting a pug. My wife and I would
>like to name him (assuming it is a he) Obediah. My daughter wants to
>name him Champion. We’ll have to see.
>
>Raphael Lasar

Weirdly, the same thing is going on in my family – my wife and kids are
deadset on getting a pug. The planned name is Mushy. I had a pug when I
was a kid and then it’s been cats for the last 32 years.

David

Co-founder, Unatics of NY
1st Sunday / 3rd Saturday
@ Central Park Bandshell
1:30 start time after 11/1/01

In article <nikkifrog.chk1b@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
nikkifrog <nikkifrog.chk1b@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)Hi! Along with unicycling, I love pugs. (the dog) I have a pug named
)Doug who is sleeping by my feet right now. I was wondering if anybody
)else who unicycles also likes pugs or has a pug. Just curious!

I’ve always wanted to get a pug-beagle mix and name him Bugle.
-Tom

or a bull terrier - shitzu cross, then u can call him…

Tertzu?

How about, Mr President?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Nikki,

Although I don’t have any experience with pugs, I understand that, besides being cute (the pugs I mean, not me), they are supposed to be one of the most devoted and people-friendly dogs around. Love the picture of Doug-Pug. I bet he would look great in a costume of some sort while accompanying you riding in a parade.

Bruce