Unicyclist shot at

Isn’t someone saying that they did fire one shot at you considered attempted murder?

Thank goodness you were not hurt.

Glad you’re still with us man!

King County Police

There was no “motive” for attempted murder. The shooter had never seen me before and I had no interaction previous to him shooting at me. In a trial the prosecution likes to have the means, the motive, and opportunity for a jury. That is a very simple overview though.

There are exceptions, but on the whole the King County Police are selfless, amazing people.

To be able to dial 3 numbers into a phone and a total stranger will show up willing to lay down their precious life for another person or the greater good of us all is hard to believe, but true. They get up in the morning, put on a uniform and a badge to willingly sacrifice their safety and too often their life… for us. It amazes me.

1 Like

You, sir, are The Man, and I think John Childs might agree.

1st, I’m glad to hear that you we’re hurt or killed.

But, that 911 operator is a fricken idiot. He (or she) wasted alot of time because they were too caught up with the fact that you were on a unicycle before they finally sent the police out.
You could have been hit by “----Another gunshot----”, as you say before they decided that something should be done. You would think that they are trained to react to someone saying key words like: “being shot at”, “gun” or “bullets” before they get lost talking about what you are driving/riding.

Real men though are willing to ride with Harper and remind Tom Blackwood that in the event of a wild animal chasing us it is not necessary to be able to out sprint the animal, just your riding companion.

1 Like

Ready To Roll

…I know I’m a man…I go pee pee standing up.

I would ride with those guys in a heartbeat.

Would Harper show up driving a DeLorean with a “Flux Capacitor”? I don’t know any nuclear physicists, I would’nt pass on that. Does he still ride, is’nt he getting old and stoved up?

Tom Blackwood is some kind of unicycle ninja. Have yet to meet him but I will continue looking behind 36" trees

1 Like

What a year it’s been …

You have come out of the dark and rode into the light.

I have even seen you in the left hand turn lane at a six lane intersection waiting for the light to turn green.

Gun shots in the dark may now seem mild riding to you.

You would be okay here in Canada. The open season on unicyclists is pretty short. The Greater Bearded Unicyclist can be taken in season with a small game licence as it is a fur bearing mammal; the much rarer Bald Unicyclist rarely survives in these climes. The Lesser Spotted Unicyclist is usually considered a juvenile, and is therefore protected. The female of the species is shy and retiring: you will need a doe-eyed tag if you plan to harvest one. :smiley:

Into The Light

Good points Joe.

The fact that you are a veteran of two successful finishes of the STP on a unicycle leaves me in awe still. I am honestly equal parts happy for you, intimidated, and jealous. Of course grateful for all the advice and some of your time.

Riding a Coker all the way from north of downtown Seattle to Puyallup on busy city streets with you is the stuff of nightmares. Trying to stay to the far right with all the fissures, tree roots, shards of glass, chunks of broken asphalt that could swallow a small dog and the whole time traffic hurtling past within inches at 50+ mph. I was questioning my sanity that day. You, however, seemed right at home having conversations with various people on their decks overlooking the thoroughfare, exchanging recipes with one guy BBQ-ing as we rode by, high fiving the hommies. It was like following the Unicycle Good Will Ambassador or something. I felt like a child learning to walk playing in traffic. It scared me. Now I can’t wait for the 2010 STP. Hope Lana and Kelsie are well.

1 Like