Unicyclist on America's Funniest Home Videos

We were watching America’s Funniest Home Videos and finally got to see the video of the parachutist landing on his uni. The video clip or the event has been mentioned before somewhere in the history of this forum.

After his landing, he rode a few yards in a semi-circle back around to face the camera. He didn’t look to be a very accomplished rider but his instability could’ve had something to do with a 3000’ fall through the atmosphere and a landing in a rough field.

Anyone know who it was?

Bruce

Ha my brother saw the same thing on Real Tv.

Brian

I saw that. Now my friends and I are going to make a movie of our worst wipe outs, and send it in. Then we’re going to win the 100,000 dollars, and spend it on more unicycles.

The face plant into the heavy equipment tire would be a great start for the video, who was that anyway? Andrew_Carter? --chirokid–

Re: Unicyclist on America’s Funniest Home Videos

Am I the only one who is frightend that people are still watching this show? I mean no offence Bruce, but I thought it died out in 1995 or even earlier.

I think it might’ve been, yeah. But I’m planning on using THIS for our start (click on SuperBiff).

Re: Re: Unicyclist on America’s Funniest Home Videos

It did die out, but it’s just one of those TV Shows you watch when you’re flipping around the channels looking for nothing in general, and find it on and decide to watch other people getting themselves in stupid situations.

as long as there are kids, through whatever means there will always be nut shots to dads groin and there you have a show that will stand the test of time…

i watched tonite but never saw it,must have been fixing a drink.

Indeed it was me.

How did the parachutist manage to land so precisely? That’s one hell of a suicide mount!

Andrew

Re: Unicyclist on America’s Funniest Home Videos

In a message dated 3/14/04 9:48:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yoopers@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com writes:
Anyone know who it was?
If I’m not wrong, his name is Harold Herzig from New Jersey. He went to
UNICON in
Puerto Rico to try the skydiving with the unicycle, but we couldn’t find an
available plane.

David Ramos
USA Director
uniciclo@aol.com

Next time goto Humacao (sp) Airport. It is about 1/2 hour drive south of San Juan.

Harold Herzig is one possible guy, who said he had done it before (that was in '85). I don’t know if we have any information to indicate that this was him. He was a solid rider, at least for going straight ahead; he rode a 24" Schwinn in the 5 Boro Bike Tour in New York City, the full 36 miles, more than once.

America’s Funniest Home Videos of today is a better show than the earlier version. There is more time spent on the videos, and a lot less annoying time in the studio. Plus, with the proliferation of video cameras out in the world, the videos should only keep getting funnier!

Re: Re: Re: Unicyclist on America’s Funniest Home Videos

I guess I do. :slight_smile:

CUGS!!!:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang: :roll_eyes:

It did die, and BOb saggit quit(or fired who cares) and it came back with a new host, most of em are relitively new.

My family and I are still big fans every Sunday night. Rush Limbaugh once said that all good comedy must have an element of truth. Maybe that’s what makes FHV videos funny.

When someone at school slips in the cafeteria at lunchtime and upends their food tray all over the floor, why do we all break up in laughture? Interesting phenomenon.

Edit: Perhaps this thread should now be heading over to J.C. to hang out.