Unicyclist.com is back online!

Sorry about the outage. URLs from my TinyURL website were being used in spam and I wasn’t on the 'net to catch it in time so my upstream provider shut down the system and charged me with a huge fine. :frowning:

Anyways, UNICON is going great here! :slight_smile:

Unicyclist.com is back online!

OUCH!

Glad the hiatus is over, though! I was jonesin’ !

Re: Unicyclist.com is back online!

Gilby wrote:
>
> Sorry about the outage. URLs from my TinyURL website were being used in
> spam and I wasn’t on the 'net to catch it in time so my upstream
> provider shut down the system and charged me with a huge fine. :frowning:
>

Bummer, sorry to hear about the fine. Was it an open relay issue,
Squirrelmail exploit…?

Re: Re: Unicyclist.com is back online!

No, the email was not sent from the gilby.com server. URLs in some spam sent used URLs from TinyURL which is one of my sites and it provides URL redirection.

thanx gilby!!

I was starting to get the heebie jeebies!
Thank you for keeping this site online …
at what appears to be your personal expense!!!

uni-wannabe
:slight_smile:

Re: thanx gilby!!

You’re welcome! Actually, it’s not really my personal expense as the site has been funding itself and breaking even. Money to pay for it has come from T-shirt sales, sales at unicycle.com that were made from those that followed the link from this site, and donations from some generous members.

I took a lot in from T-shirts sales I did at NAUCC and UNICON. This year I sold a lot more than normal because of the large numbers of T-shirts I was able to bring with (since I drove out) and the nicely located table I had set up in the lobby to sell the T-shirts at. So, all those sales paid for this site and my trip, with a little extra to spare! :slight_smile: