unicycling will be on Planet X this year

I think best you could really claim is “I copied it, and maybe introduced it here, mostly.”

I find the 10 hard to believe, although I don’t doubt you’re in the upper percentiles in skill level.

In any case, congrats on the gig. You seem to have a real talent for self-promotion.

Wow, way to go! That’s huge exposure for Unicycling in Australia. We’d love to see photos/videos etc of your tour. Congratulations!

—Nathan

That’s awesome Tomsey- great exposure for unicycling in Oz. Well done.

Ken

theres only 2 guys in australia so far that can grind handrails.
-we pioneered street in australia.

MUni isnt the angle i was focusing on. its cool an all. but to appeal to mass audiences street is the way to go, and i do it more.

if you dont come to uninats, you arent on the map. and i’ve met most riders in australia.

besides. ive bin riding for at least 5 years now too. i remember when we rode muni on stock 20"s.

why am i constantly justifying my actions?

anyways check it out here

they have my pics and stuff on their page

http://www.planetx.net.au/?cont=win&win_id=10

-tomsey

That’s great!

That’s one more fact for my laughing friends. as far as I know, soccer and handball are not extremesports, but apparently unicycling is!

SWEET! Thats awesome! Congrats on winning. Do you know ne of the other sports that uni beat out?? Damn, im excited and i didnt even win. Just excited for the sport bein pushed foward even more. I think its everyones dream for uni to appear in the xgames…one step closer now. Congrats again.

Begun

Quote from ‘Planet X’ page link above …

Just a new competition. No claim of inventing a new sport.

Give him a break.
(your just jealous, cuz $5000 is ALOT of money, and likely to raise more with his new sponsorship)

Thumbs up to you ‘tomsey’.

Be sure to wear safety gear to keep your health, and to promote the right way to ride.
(save any of your old gear for ‘charity’. Don’t forget those less fortunate)

ahahahahaaha

…congrats on the contest. sounds like a dream come true!

Jumps on uni w/freewheeling hub

“One piece of advice - get a freewheeling hub, brake, and learn how to jump off ramps/dirt. Looks awesome.”

Samuel… based on your comment, I assume you have seen this done. How high were the ramps that you’ve seen people on this type of uni jump off? How much air did they get? Did they land them and ride/coast away without falling? Do you have any photos and/or video of this being done? Sounds amazing… but it seems like it would be quite difficult to get a substantial amount of air and then stick the landing and ride away from it!

Oh course there are more than 10 riders in Australia, what he means is there are about 10 riders in Australia who are actually good and ride a decent amount.

Anyway, well done Tomsey. Make sure you send me an e-mail if you’re coming round to Perth!

Tom,

Huge congrats- that’s awesome. I know it takes a lot of hard work and motivation, completely additional to the riding part, to pull off something like this. Sounds like you’re going to be in a great position to promote the sport and have a lot of fun while you’re at it- hope it works out great for you.

Kris Holm.

thanks kris,

although my name is alex.

tomsey is my nickname for all the people to lazy to say alex.

Sorry, I guess I don’t speak Australian very well!

So is it actually going to be in the games or what, and if so whos gonna be riding in it?

wow kris holm aswered this thread man thats so cool :sunglasses:

:smiley:

no its not going to be in the games

theres not enough contestants for that. we are just demoing at the major events.

i did the demo/ media thing today, along with a lot of pointless questions about how i got into unicycling and is it hard etc.

i did an interview with sports tonight (a sport program after the news each night) and i ended up with 3 attempts at dropping in on the 12ft vert ramp.

i got really close the second time and nailed myself on the last.
then i found out on of my profile cranks looked like a banana.

i will upload the video probably when i can find a source to do it

i tried shared media but it didnt work

Yeah I changed the password of that account because I didn’t appreciate it being misused. Email it to that account from another and I’ll put it in an album for you.

Andrew

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album359/12ft_stacks.wmv