Unicycling - The New Generation!

My 6 year old started learning, but just isn’t doing it much now that he realizes how much work it takes to learn

כל הכבוד!

גם הבן שלי באותו הגיל ומבקש ממני ללמד אותו רכיבה על חד אופן, אבל אני די פוחד.
למרות שהוא נוסע על רולר, סקייטבורד וכמובן אופניים.

אין ספק שהסרטון של הבן שלך משנה מעט את דעתי בנושא לחיוב :slight_smile:

סחתיין!

The Progression to Singles!

David that is a cool video of your son! You should be proud of him those are some good skills for a 10 year old!

My Boys are now doing singles!
See the Video below.

Boys Riding Single

SingleTrack MUni with the kids will be a dream come true. Mine are still a little young so most of our practice is in the basement, starting off a trash can in the back yard, or the mailbox in the Cul De Sac out front. It’s obvious you put in some hours with these boys as they are scooting right along. Congratulations on that! Thanks for sharing!

so that’s your secret

My son Alex and I started at the same time, he was twelve and I was “a little older”, he’s now almost seventeed, he doesn’t ride much now, but when he does he can pretty much kick my arse unless we ride far in which case my stamina stops his arse :smiley:

It’s okay if the kids learn, ride for a while, then slow down or stop riding. Many riders come back to the sport as adults, either on their own or with their own kids. Two of my riding buddies rode as kids, gave it up for decades, and then came back to it as 40+ old adults.

you mever forget how to ride a uni :smiley:

Hey David,if you’re still around, tell your son that he’s killing it, esp after a year of riding, real nice stuff!

So are you ridin with him?

Wow, the thread lives on…I hope to post another Martin video very soon. My own riding is very slowly coming around, yet I can’t imagine ever doing the type of single track which Martin would do all day long, if that were possible. My daughter is also riding and loves it. She’s 8 and very much enjoys freestyle and muni. If I’m at practice (with MadUni), I might as well try and ride, right?

At this point I am encouraging my kids to ride as much as possible and pursue as many uni genres as they can enjoy. Martin is now working on basic and more advanced freestyle skills and has dreams of flat/street success. Muni and trials are still very intriguing and we are so looking forward to Butler, PA and NAUCC 2013.

This time Martin will be riding a 24 muni which belonged to our mentor and neighbor Scott W. Tomorrow is practice for our club routine at MadFest which should be lots of fun.

And here it is

Martin’s third video with some on his new 24". He has been riding for 15 months. Only getting faster and having more and more fun.

Awesome skills, Martin. Keep the video’s coming, I’m showing them to my boys(7 and 9). I really like the parts with you riding the 24". Looks like a 36" for your size.

Tons of honor!

Tons of honor to all you guys for taking the time to teach your kids to ride.

I have just heard from a fellow rider that his son is now learning he is 8.

I am happy that my boys will have someone else their age to ride with in a little while.

My sister (8) and my cousin (10) have learnt to ride and are just getting into rough terrain unicycling and are super good!

Reading this thread makes me want to have a kid haha

Naa. What you need is a niece or nephew. That way you get to teach them how to unicycle, but you don’t have to deal with all the sleep deprivation and poop.

And the constant wining and wanting this that and the other.

Haha yeah but to make a truly good rider, I’ll have to be teaching him about more than just riding, from day one.