Unicycling terms

I heard a new unicycle term yesterday. I took my Schwinn in to have the wheel
trued, and the guy asked if I had ever seen an Olgive unicycle. I didn’t know
what he meant, and he explained that it’s a big wheel that the person sits in,
meaning a monocycle. He said they were named after the inventor. I looked
through Wiley’s Complete Book of Unicycling and saw references to several
monocycles, but didn’t see Olgive. In any case, this gives us another term, and
adds a historical mystery. My guess is some guy named Olgive made one, and the
guy at the bike shop figured he invented it.


Beirne Konarski | Subscribe to the Unicycling Mailing List bkonarsk@mcs.kent.edu
| Send requests to unicycling-request@mcs.kent.edu “Untouched by Scandal” |
Unicycling Web Page:
| http://nimitz.mcs.kent.edu/~bkonarsk/