Unicycling Shorts for long rides

Ha,ha. Yep, I wear a size 12/47 shoe. The saddle grip handle has been removed so the sock stretches over it tightly. :slight_smile:

No, it was so they could continue riding after they got saddle sores - extremely painful infections that force riders to quit, even in modern day races. Nobody did anything like that to cushion the sit bones, or for normal riding when healthy.

Seriously, if what we needed was padding, the padding would be on the saddle.

I just use a sock.

If it worked for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, it works for me.

That’s like closing the gate after the horse has bolted :roll_eyes:

The cycling trousers in those days were made of cotton so I don’t think the cyclists would wait till they got saddle sores before using the steak.

At the end of the ride the cyclist would cook the steak and eat it. :astonished: :smiley:

The KH One saddle came today. The sore/bump on my inner upper thigh is almost gone from the last ride. I’ll probably go for a longer ride this weekend (my last ride was 4.5 miles). The pain is definitely gone already.

My weight is floating between 175-180.

Male (since there were a lot of posts about balls, i wanted to clarify that)

I’m going to post some pictures below, but going to describe what I noticed out of the box. KH One (new) vs KH Zero (old saddle)

The KH Zero has the blue on top of the seat. I also have the handle bar on the new saddle in the pics (the KH One)

KH One - Padding is thicker in the butt area. Feels a tad bit softer. The cutaway in the middle is noticeable deeper. The KH One isn’t really thinner… it’s more like they stretched out the saddle a tad )( which makes certain parts a bit thinner. The stitching around the seat is not exposed any more, which is a huge plus… my KH Zero was used maybe 20 times max and has some fraying on the stitching. The horizontal curvature on the KH One seems a tad bit more flat than the KH zero.

Overall mostly slight adjustments/improvements.

Side by Side:

KH Zero:

KH One:

@ Tacobender

Thanks for the feedback.

After about 4 hours it would be medium rare ( a quick snack)

@tacobender you mentioned being rubbed on your inner thigh, I had a similar ‘hot spot’ on my saddle, I wrapped a piece of duct tape around my saddle to keep the side from mushrooming out when I loaded it up. Fixed it right away.

The cover was a little too loose, so when I compressed the foam it would bunch up.

And nicely tenderized. Yum, yum. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks tacobender5000 for the photos and Out of the box review.
I can’t wait to read the review once you have tested it.

This thread was a bit confusing at the beginning cause the link you gave was referring to a unicycle that has got the kh One saddle, but it appears that indeed you had got the zero in the first place, and I understand that without any padded shorts it’s hard for the crotch area, cause … even with two pairs of such shorts I had to sell my zero.

I use to ride my unicycles with fusion freeride saddles, but since I mainly ride my 36er and my G36 I’m dealing with crotch pain, certainly due to the fact that I stay longer on the saddle without dismounting on my 36ers that I used to do with my smaller unicycles.

Anyway, I’m playing with seat angles but the kh One is also something I’m considering, IF it’s a real improvement of the zero.

Also there is something a bit confusing.
Isn’t the kh One suposed to be compatible with the kh reinforcement plate, with a third hole or something?
In the photo the two holes of the plate toward the seatpost are attached to nothing, is this the way it’s supposed to be?

My personal preference

Body Glide or some sort of chamois cream, running shorts with the inner liners and your favorite cargo shorts.

And marinated ,

Yeah… I bought the KH unicycle a couple years ago, so the KH One wasn’t out yet. My bad for not being more specific.

To answer your question… there is a 3rd hole that is kind of in the middle of the two holes you were referring to. I had to take that screw out in order for that plate to fit. I’m not familiar with the reinforcement plate.

And topped with an aromatic brown sauce. :o

Un this case i’m not sure to understand how this centered 3rd hole is supposed to lock the kh reiforcement plate, and I didn’t see any document explaing this on the kris holm official Web site

I found a picture of the bottom. I remember hearing something about having to drill a hole or that they changed something after the initial release to avoid having to drill. Don’t quote me on that though. Keep in mind that I’m not sure which handle bar I have and it’s also a couple years old.

“All reinforcement plates shipped after Spring 2016 come with a 3rd hole that is needed to install the reinforcement plate. Older plates can be retrofitted if the rider is able/willing to drill a hole in the plate.”

http://krisholm.com/blog/introducing-the-redesigned-fusion-one-saddle

There ya go

Thanks !

Went out for an almost 8 mile ride today on the new saddle (7 of which I didn’t dismount). Overall it felt better than the fusion zero, but the last 2 miles IO was struggling to stay comfortable.

I think a majority of my problems come from me not riding as straight as I should be. That being said, the aftermath isn’t so bad. The pain is mostly on my sit bones now. The hardened area/spot on my inner thighs (which was almost fully healed) wasn’t aggravated at all.

Mostly what I am left with is just muscle soreness. Feels really really really good to stretch. I’ll have to post another update after this to gauge whether I could ride again without pain over the next couple days. My sit bones feel okay right now, but I’m sure it’ll be a lot more noticeable when I get on the unicycle.

I’m starting to agree with all of you that I just need to get out and ride more. I fell at the 7 mile mark on my feet, but my legs just buckled because my muscles were tired… so I kinda did a roll. Tried to mount again too soon and fell after about 50 ft. Waited that out for a few minutes and then hopped back on and I was fine. Anyways… definitely more like post-workout pain now rather than non-post-workout pain.

Just another quick update…

Went out for a 4.5 mile ride yesterday. No noticeable soreness. My thighs got pretty tired so I cut the ride a bit short.

My conclusion is that the seat helped a bit, but also just getting out there and riding more helped. Whether it was the fact that my muscles strengthened a bit which helped me loosen up while riding or whether it was my sit bones and general area getting used to riding, OR a combination of both… I will never know for certain. I think it’s just a lot of little things that add up. Haven’t lost any weight yet, so I’m assuming it’ll just get easier and easier.

Thank you all again for the advice. I hope this post helps anyone asking the same questions.