Unicycling Levels

Within the last three weeks there have been three people to make major
milestones in passing skill levels within the Twin City Unicycle Club.

Ryan Woessner passed level 8 on Tuesday, November 28. While it is an
accomplishment for anybody to pass level 8, Ryan, at age 12 (just a few days
from his thirteenth birthday) is the youngest person to pass level 8. Also, he
did all eight levels in one year from when he started to ride. For those of you
who went to Unicon X, Ryan was the Jr. Expert Freestyle Male Champion.

Ashley Wood passed level 10 on Tuesday, December 5. She is the third person to
pass level 10 in the Unicycling Society of America.

Irene Genelin passed level 10 on Monday, December 11. Irene passed levels 8, 9,
and 10 within three months.

The other two level 10 riders in the Unicycling Society of America (also from
Twin City Unicycle Club) are Dana Schneider and Ryan Wood.


***** Note the new email address - Andy.Cotter@OutTech.com Unicycle Video “One
Wheel - No Limit” - http://www.tcuc.org/nolimit/ Twin City Unicycle Club, Pres -
http://www.tcuc.org

Re: Unicycling Levels

I admit, I am still in the process of learning… but I find just about
everything easier on my 20" wheel. I actually find wheel walking substantially
easier on the 20"… I just find it takes a lot more work to get my feet up to
the top of the wheel when it’s any larger. This may be simply because I spend
most of my time practicing on the 20", and only use the 24" for riding to class.

I actually haven’t found a noticeable difference for seat out (in front, behind
and on stomach… I have yet to master on side) between my 20" or 24".

It’ll still be a while before I master the hand wheel walk, but I came closest
on a 36" :slight_smile: (actually, I used the hand walk to mount the thing)

jeff lutkus

>As I am looking at the different levels and as my ability to even attempt some
>of the upper level skills increases, I see the definite need for more than one
>wheel size.
>
>20" looks the nicest for: one foot riding/idling stuff seat out stuff. maybe
>spin stuff (haven’t mastered it yet) wheel hopping, uni-spin
>
>24" wheel walking sideways wheel walk
>
>26" hand wheel walk seat drag
>
>Has anyone completed all the levels (or most of them) on one unicycle?
>
>Jeff Prosa from New Jersey (yes people do unicycle on the east coast)
>
>


Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

Re: Unicycling Levels

If you read the USA rule book, 8.3 General Rules, you will find that all skills
in a specific level must be completed on the same unicycle, be completed within
one hour of begining the test and the rider can only test once per day with an
exception made for individuals who do not have access to a level tester on a
regular basis.

RE: Unicycling Levels

> 20" looks the nicest for: one foot riding/idling stuff seat out stuff. maybe
> spin stuff (haven’t mastered it yet) wheel hopping, uni-spin

I think 24" is better for one foot riding, and definitely spinning.

> 24" wheel walking sideways wheel walk

I think sideways wheel walk will be easier on a 20", because you’re closer to
the ground and have more length of seat post to use as a lever.

> 26" hand wheel walk seat drag

I don’t think wheel size is a factor in seat drag, though I’m sure a big wheel
can be handy for the dreaded hand wheel walk.

But a single wheel size can be used for all of it.

> (yes people do unicycle on the east coast)

Don’t miss our Nationals next summer then (Toronto)! And take comfort in the
fact that the Unicycling Society of America was founded in New York.

Stay on top, John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone http://www.unicycling.com

“How was the ride? did you feel good?” “Did you say feel good or fall good?”
Conversation between 8 year old Beau Hoover and mom after a MUni ride on
12-17-2000

Re: Unicycling Levels

----- Original Message ----- From: <Andy.Cotter@OutTech.com> To:
<unicycling@winternet.com> Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 11:13 AM Subject:
Unicycling Levels

> Within the last three weeks there have been three people to make major
> milestones in passing skill levels within the Twin City Unicycle Club.
>
Congratultations to all of them. Congratulations also to the leadership of
the TCUC. Anybody who wants to start and/or develop a uni club should take a
look at TCUC.

Alberto Ruiz

> Ryan Woessner passed level 8 on Tuesday, November 28. While it is an
> accomplishment for anybody to pass level 8, Ryan, at age 12 (just a few days
> from his thirteenth birthday) is the youngest person to pass level 8. Also, he
> did all eight levels in one year from when he started to ride. For those of
> you who went to Unicon X, Ryan was the Jr. Expert Freestyle Male Champion.
>
> Ashley Wood passed level 10 on Tuesday, December 5. She is the third person to
> pass level 10 in the Unicycling Society of America.
>
> Irene Genelin passed level 10 on Monday, December 11. Irene passed levels 8,
> 9, and 10 within three months.
>
> The other two level 10 riders in the Unicycling Society of America (also from
> Twin City Unicycle Club) are Dana Schneider and Ryan Wood.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ***** Note the new email address - Andy.Cotter@OutTech.com Unicycle Video "One
> Wheel - No Limit" - http://www.tcuc.org/nolimit/ Twin City Unicycle Club, Pres
> - http://www.tcuc.org
>
>


Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.219 / Virus Database: 103 - Release
Date: 12/5/00

Re: Unicycling Levels

Andy.Cotter@OutTech.com wrote:

> Ryan Woessner passed level 8 on Tuesday, November 28. While it is an
> accomplishment for anybody to pass level 8, Ryan, at age 12 (just a few days
> from his thirteenth birthday) is the youngest person to pass level 8. Also, he
> did all eight levels in one year from when he started to ride. For those of
> you who went to Unicon X, Ryan was the Jr. Expert Freestyle Male Champion.
>

See? These skill levels are so easy even a child can do them. Sheeeeyeah right!!
From level 1 to level 8 in one year. Impressive!

>
> Ashley Wood passed level 10 on Tuesday, December 5. She is the third person to
> pass level 10 in the Unicycling Society of America.
>
> Irene Genelin passed level 10 on Monday, December 11. Irene passed levels 8,
> 9, and 10 within three months.
>
> The other two level 10 riders in the Unicycling Society of America (also from
> Twin City Unicycle Club) are Dana Schneider and Ryan Wood.
>

Wow level 10. Bless you, you gifted people! So it actually is humanly possible
to complete all the levels.


As I am looking at the different levels and as my ability to even attempt some
of the upper level skills increases, I see the definite need for more than one
wheel size.

20" looks the nicest for: one foot riding/idling stuff seat out stuff. maybe
spin stuff (haven’t mastered it yet) wheel hopping, uni-spin

24" wheel walking sideways wheel walk

26" hand wheel walk seat drag

Has anyone completed all the levels (or most of them) on one unicycle?

Jeff Prosa from New Jersey (yes people do unicycle on the east coast)

Re: Unicycling Levels

>
> As I am looking at the different levels and as my ability to even attempt some
> of the upper level skills increases, I see the definite need for more than one
> wheel size.
>
> 20" looks the nicest for: one foot riding/idling stuff seat out stuff. maybe
> spin stuff (haven’t mastered it yet) wheel hopping, uni-spin
>
> 24" wheel walking sideways wheel walk
>
> 26" hand wheel walk seat drag
>
> Has anyone completed all the levels (or most of them) on one unicycle?
>
At TCUC the 20" is the king for doing tricks on. I would say that all the levels
above 4 or 5 are done on a 20" (and most of the levels below htat too for that
matter). I guess its all what you get use to though cause there are some very
good riders who just ride a 24".

Peter

Peter