Unicycling is great for the legs but......

Great for the Whole Body and Spirit!

When I started unicycling my leg muscles were not sore. I always rode bikes in the past. My arms shoulders and torso were very sore. This surprised me but after watching a video of how the upper body of a beginner flails his arms and twists and bends in order to keep balance it makes perfect sense.

I thnk that now as an advanced rider the upper body does not get as much of a work out. However after a 3 or four hour Muni ride my upper body aches the next day.

Unicorn

Trust me you woulden’t :wink:

Get some powerballs (heavy juggling balls). And yes, juggle while riding

I would suggest XC skiing. It is one of the best all around workouts ever. And if you dont have snow you could rollerski. They are both very good upper and lower body workouts as well as cardio. And its a blast. I think Da Dufus will vouch for me on this one.

Juggle exerballs while riding! Exerballs are weighted juggling balls. They’re really easy to make; I made three by stuffing pennies into tennis balls, then wrapping the tennis balls in electrical tape so they wouldn’t be destroyed by the pennies. I’ve heard of people using lead shot to make really heavy balls.

I think Dube sells exerballs, but I’m not sure.

Edit: I found them on Dube’s site, but they’re really expensive! $50 for three of the heaviest balls. I recommend making your own.

then how coem everyone drools over celebrities they jsut better actors than me

shaun white is a good snowboarder but a complete jerk my friend asked him for his autograph and he told him to go find another shaun white

i just have to thanks unicycling
my legs are in the better shape ever

but i need concentrate with the uper body too

I don’t own any, but 1 pound medicine balls you can get at any sports store work REALLY well for juggling exercise. I think they’re rather cheap too…like 10 dollars for three of 'em.
Also, I hear juggling five balls for a long time is a good workout. I’m in the process of finding out if it’s true.

How about lifting weights (the smaller 5-10lb hand weights) as you ride? That would be a great workout on a 5+ mile ride. It might mess with your balance a bit, but you should get used to it and it will even improve your balance.

If that’s true, It’s rude.

I used to work in the theater and met several stars including Tom Hanks, Dixie Carter, Hal Holbrook, Tony Randall. They were all very nice and even gave us stage crew autographed head shots without us asking. Tom Hanks got his start as a theater techie at the same theater that I worled, that’s why he came to do a benefit for us. I had to build a dummy for him to do a stand up routine with and a crown, so I had to iterate with him some to get these props to do what he wanted. He was great to work with.

I suppose fame does different things to different people… I suppose I’ll never know how I’d respond!

Jumping works my arms a bit … but really only my right arm. I’m not exactly ambidextrous. My best arm workout has got to be martial arts though. I do a combonation juijitsu/kickboxing and phew it’s a workout. It’s a BLAST though!!!

the closest thing you can get to being famous is to take ur uni to school. i was chased by groups of people asking questions. being famous would be crap, everyone asks the same questions, u get sick of it. by the end of the day i would be like shaun white too. :thinking:

One could do like power riding, the way old ladies do power walking, carry one pound weights in each hand and pump your arms with each pedal stroke.

Haha, yeah, or you could put a video on myspace and deal with the fans the next day :stuck_out_tongue:

Because they are silly people :wink:

Were they:
-wheres the other wheel

• why do you ride?
  • Are you in the cirus?

Kayak or paddle is fun, if you got water. Also surf or kitesurf.
I do the gym but I hate it too. Push ups are boring but they are quick,cheap and does the job. How 'bout climb a tree if you don’t have a rock wall

Sledge hammer levering

try unicycling with the hands… if your legs is alread ok
heheeh