Unicycling in new PSP Game

Sidhe Interactive, a New Zealand game company are releasing the Jackass Game for PSP in November this year, and one of the main events will be extreme unicycling.

In the unicycling part of the game, players will control Steve-O as he attempts to unicycle along a clothesline. They’ll have to be in control of the balance as well as the pedalling, similar to what was in the Tony Hawk skating games.

They used motion capture facilities at Weta Digital (special effects for Lord of the Rings & King Kong) in Wellington, New Zealand…and I was their subject.

I had to do a whole heap of different styles of riding, from normal riding (and backwards) to one footing, riding while flailing wildly and the most fun part: some hard out flying bails into mats :smiley:

I also had to do the pogo-sticking (which is going to be a pogo race across building tops in New York) which was one of the hardest things i’ve had to do. Trying to pogo as fast as you can forwards is so exerting on your body…

There’s an article you can look at here > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3674749a28,00.html

Cool! I was expecting “extreme unicycling” to pop up in the tony hawk type games soon. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a whole game dedicated to unicycling!

Sounds fun doing the motion-cap!!
Rock on!
Edd

yeah, that’d rock! but not as much as the real thing!!!

Ed

oh, thanks for the link Joe.

thats awesome, ive got a psp and i am so gonna get that game.

cheers, keep it wheel.

due out in november, actually it is just rumored it is for psp in that article, did they tell you anything we dont know when you did the stuff?
did you get to wear all those cool lightbulb things when you did it?

Yeah, they said PSP definitely and maybe console.

And yep, lots of shiny reflector things all over me (that leave bruises when you fall over) even my uni had them on.