'Unicycles and Green' - the unsolved mystery...

This is something that i have always wondered and it made me think about it again when i ordered my 29r why is it that on the colour options on unicycle.com can you never select green? the kris holm seat seems to come in every colour and black except green, when you order unicycles the rim and seat colours nearly always seem to be red and blue. I feel very strongly about this issue green is my favourite colour and a lot of other unicyclists too i remember that poll someone set up and green got a lot of votes so why does it never seem to be used in the unicycling world?

i personally think the KH velo seat looks rather nice in green:

kh velo uni seat in green!.jpg

Seat color

I’ve never thought about it… I usually can’t see my seat when I ride, and if I can, it means something has gone seriously wrong :wink:

Re: ‘Unicycles and Green’ - the unsolved mystery…

treepotato wondered:
> why is it that on the colour options on
> unicycle.com can you never select green? the kris holm seat seems to
> come in every colour and black except green, when you order unicycles
> the rim and seat colours nearly always seem to be red and blue.

I was about to suggest a DM Ringmaster, but I just checked
<URL:http://www.unicycle.co.uk/dm_ringmaster.htm> and I see that red and
yellow are now the only standard options. Dave used to offer blue (now
standard on the cheapest model) and green as well.

I suspect it may not have been terribly popular - I know I’ve only ever
seen one green unicycle (which /was/ a Ringmaster). That seems rather a
shame, although green would always be my second choice and I’d only
really get upset if red was unavailable.

> i personally think the KH velo seat looks rather nice in green:
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: kh velo uni seat in green!.jpg |
> |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/213309|
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+

You’re right, that does look nice. Certainly better than the yellow and
blue ones :wink:

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine

treepotato, that is a nice shade of camel puke, but im not sure i could bring myself to buy it. :wink: :smiley:

actually, maybe im the crazy one. i ordered a yellow kh seat for my kh24. anyone else getting this color seat? perhaps i was crazy when i decided on yellow. you can make fun of me if you wish. i hope i dont get teased for it. yellow isn’t exactly a “this uni is a beast and will rock your world” type of color.

-grant

You can pick up a green Miyata seat from Darren Bedford in canada! I have two!

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

:sunglasses:

Thankyou Danny :slight_smile:

-tennishgh22

I was thinking more the lovely shade of nature and leaves! :angry: :stuck_out_tongue:

im just joking, no worries. i guess i can picture it going pretty nicely if you ride it in a dense forest. That could be cool. paint the whole thing green. Hulk style!

-grant

Maybe there are no green anythings, because Miyata created the worst shade of green the world has even seen. So no one wants to accidentally duplicate that.

My favourite colour is green too. I would have liked to get a green unicycle, but I settled for black, which is also a good colour. I have seen a picture of one green unicycle, it was posted by S_Wallis on this thread. I would like a darker shade of green, but I still reckon it looks cool. Scott must have had a custom paint job done, because green is not an option at Unicycle.com. I don’t think Miyata green is too bad. It’s not the best shade of green, but it would beat having a red seat handle and bumper. A camouflage unicycle would be interesting to try, especially Realtree.

green wilder.jpg

I like green also, although my kh was blue, but yellow and red are fine also. I’m thinking if you like green you should order a yellow seat though, cause it would probably be the easiest to make into a green seat. Get a permanant marker or some dye or something, plus send that picture to kh and let them see how cool it looks, i’m sure it’s not that hard to make them, I mean they have yellow and blue already.

I like the green unicycle, darker might be cool also but too much dark might not be good with the tire and seat being black.

Andrew

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=461

You have the option of a green saddle on the KH Pro trials.

I would like a green saddle also. Especially if most people here don’t like it. :wink:

Are you saying that camel puke is unnatural? And I’m sure they eat leaves, so it’s not so far off after all.

And on a related note, did you know that Shakespeare invented the word ‘puke’?

I think that’s just the options from Miyata seats isn’t it?

I read somewhere that Kris is going to have a wider option of colours for his 2004 seats, assuming they’re ‘regular’ colours, so green could well be on the cards!

Treepotato, look at the latest picture in the “Gallery of funny pictures…” thread in JC. All green unis.

Klaas Bil

Winner! James got to it before I could. The unicycling world is turned off to the color green. New riders are coming along, oblivious to our pain through the 1990s, and their innocent love of the color green is met with nothing. Except a nice seasick-green Miyata seat (and frame) if you want one… :slight_smile:

Perhaps where Miyata got their green color?

OMG you really need to put a disclaimer with that sorta link. wow, that is one of the most shocking colors i’ve ever seen. :stuck_out_tongue:

-grant

My dad rode bikes a lot. When he saw the Miyata green he immediately said “Bianchi!”

any HAVE a picture of the KH green saddle?
I can’t find any because my uni’s theme is gonna be green but only a certain type of green. alot like this guy:D