unicyclepics.co.uk updated...

I’ve made some updates, there’s now a User Profile page, where you can edit your user detail, and add new detail such as date of birth, location… you have to be logged in to access this page, but if you’re not, it will prompt you and then take you to the right page. :sunglasses:
Hope you all like it…? :slight_smile:

I do!

Hi Mate!

Im loving the site! I don’t wanna critisize (sp?) too much, but can you make it so you can only vote on a particular image once? At the moment, you could, in theory, vote on your own images again and again to get them to number one :roll_eyes: Not that anyone would!:wink:

Keep up the good work with the site!

Rock on!
Edd

You shouldn’t be able to vote on the images more than once, it might seem like you can, but it does store your ip address and what images you’ve voted on so it shouldn’t save your second vote.

This isn’t perfect, as most peoples ip changes slitely day to day and you can also get around it by changing some things in your browser, but I am going to make it impossible to cheet as I would like to do a pic of the month with a prize for the winner, so we can’t have any cheeting!! :wink:

In short, I’m on the case! :slight_smile:

Cheers again Edd.

Pete.

hmmm
can you make it so that we can upload bunches of pictures at a time and put them in multiple categories?

I could make it so can upload upto about 5 pics at a time, but I can’t realy fit more than that on one page. I’m also thinking about making it so you can put a comment with each picture, then I think I could fit around 3 on one page.

I’ll have a look and see what I can do. :wink:

What do you think about have an optional comment for each pic? :slight_smile:

I’ve now made it so when you go to vote on images page, the first picture is picked at random, and i’ve also added next and back buttons. :slight_smile:
I’m still working on a multiple upload page, but if there’s anything else you would like on there please say and i’ll try to sort it out asap. :wink:

If your going to have it random, then you either need a “new or recent pictures” page, or have thumbnails of everything in a given section, that way you don’t have to wade through a bunch of random photos that you’ve already seen and voted on just to see if there are any new pics.

Otherwise, Its good. :slight_smile:

Ok, I’ll add a newest page that view all styles, in date order starting with the most recent. :wink:

would that be ok?

Ok, I’ve added a “newest pics” page, so you can now view the most recent pics uploaded. :smiley:

Is that what you’re after? :wink:

What do you all think about being able to put a comment with each picture? I could also make it so you can update all your pics you haven’t commented on yet…
what do you all think? :slight_smile:

this is an awsome site, no complaints form me, but one suggestion: Have you ever thought about doing the same thing with video’s?:smiley:

I have thought about doing a video section, and will do if I get enough interest. :wink: would you want it so you could see the videos as thumbnails with there score, and be able to click to watch the video, then be able to vote at the end.?
is that what you had in mind? :slight_smile:

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind. Essentialy the same thing as the picture section, but with movies. I think you might generate more of a crowd with that, and it would be more exiting. Don’t get me wrong, I love the pics, there are some that are just awsome, but with videos, it’s a different type of competition. editing, camera angles, finding the right people, the right music, ect.
I would also try to catagorize it a bit further than the pictures, maybe have skill levels like novice, intermediat and expert (for video makeing, not riding).
Just a suggestion.

You should definitly be able to add comments!!

There is already a movie site, www.unicycle.tv

I think the site is fine with just pictures…

Ok, I’ll start working on that now! :wink:

That site looks like it’s just a gallery of videos with catagorys. You can’t vote on them, there is no compatition. And if you add the comments thing, you can also see where you need to work on your videos and stuff like that.

That’s true, but I think Forrest is right, Unicycle.tv are doing a good job.

Rate and comment on the site. :wink:
I’m interested to see what people think, please put down anything you don’t like aswell as things you do like.
Cheers
Pete :slight_smile: