Unicycle Toolkit

if you have a muni, metal tire levers are a must have.

pipe cutter

Allen Index

pedal wrench

crank remover

socket wrench set

bike stands are really nice and convienient if you can afford it, but they aren’t necessary.

A vise mounted on the side of a bench and some towels works really well. I’ve used it for years. Only Drawback is that it isn’t portable like a real stand.

have you ever had 19" mod trials tyres though? I can take all the bike tyres we have off their rims fine just my trials uni. I was glad when my lbs couldnt do it any better than me :smiley:

Cause they sold me a thornproof inner tube that didnt work (it inflated perfectly round but didnt expand so didnt fit at all right in my rim, so they guy said he’d shove a new one in quickly for me) and he tried it with his hands and after a short struggle went to find his tyre levers ahaha.

have you ever had 19" mod trials tyres though? I can take all the bike tyres we have off their rims fine just my trials uni. I was glad when my lbs couldnt do it any better than me :smiley:

Cause they sold me a thornproof inner tube that didnt work (it inflated perfectly round but didnt expand so didnt fit at all right in my rim, so they guy said he’d shove a new one in quickly for me) and he tried it with his hands and after a short struggle went to find his tyre levers ahaha.

For putting it on though i do it by hand and shove abit of vaseline on the rim just when it starts getting real tough and it goes on like a charm.

hmmm…It’s a good idea to put a little bit of lubricant on the tire bead if it’s tough to get on, but some people have mentioned using soap. I don’t think Vaseline’s a good choice, as it tends to degrade the rubber.

I think they are. Tyre levers seem like overkill when you’ve always used spoons (as in cutlery) to do the job and they work just fine. But then a couple of weeks back I needed to repair a puncture and a friend loaned me a mini tool kit that included tyre levers, so I gave them a shot. It’s a bit different to the spoon, but once you’ve got to grips with the technique it takes a couple of seconds to remove and replace the tyre. I even took the time to have a few goes at just removing and replacing the tyre just for kicks.

I see seat-post cutter has had a few mentions, but am I the only that uses a file to take the sharp edge off the post?

Yea, that’s why they recommend not to use vaseline with (latex) condoms. Water-based personal lubricant could be better option.

Get the Qu-ax toolbox and freedom for all Problems !!!

How about if your keeping to simple necessities, for traveling with a Coker?

What would an on-the-road emergency tool kit include?

Billy

I carry:

36er tube
Small pack of cheap-o glue on patches
10mm socket (for taking off frame to change tube)
Tire levers
Pump
Seatpost-sized allen key

Along with water and Powerbars. I suppose gauze pads would be a good idea too…especially if I keep riding with no elbow or knee pads :stuck_out_tongue:

Makes sense. First I didn’t understand why you carry the tube AND the patches. Then I figured, you might get a flat on your new tube after a tube change…

Do it the easy way like we in Seattle do…ride with JC.