Unicycle Spotting / Sighting Thread

Bike shop near my house.

IMAG0475.jpg

1 Like

that is sweet! how old is it?

It’s a dinosaur; it’s got to be seriously old. :stuck_out_tongue:

The wheel on that unicycle looks like an idler sprocket out of a deraileur. Can’t tell if that’s what is intended, but it would be funny if it were. Otherwise it’s a rock.

Dinosaurs didn’t have access to deraileur technology, so it’s got to be a rock. :wink:

It looks like the forest creatures have made some sort of altar.

wreathcycle.jpg

The farce is strong in this one…

Darth Vader…

This photo pretty much sums up Portland in my mind :wink:

uni piper!

Norway, Sandnes

20130303_154026.jpg

1 Like

Trash/Recycling truck Curry Village, Yosemite National Park, California

1 Like

I was in a thrift store and I saw a big book with an old unicycle on the cover. Sadly it was just a financial advice book and had nothing to do with unicycles…

2 Broke Girls poking fun at unicyclist

My wife TIVOs the sitcom 2 Broke Girls. She had to pause it and call me into the room when she saw a unicyclist featured on the show. He was riding past the girls storefront and stopped for what he thought would be a free cupcake. One of the girls said “he can’t afford a $4 cupcake. he can’t even afford a second wheel” and then went on with the usual circus jokes.

Unicycling goat

Spotted this unicycling goat on a wall in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Einstein Bagels in Gaithersberg MD

Bagel jugglers wanted…? So we have to unicycle and juggle bagels…?? WHERE DO I SIGN UP

Lol, I think you’d really surprise the interviewer.

The sign does say “fun work environment”. I bet.

Last week I started following Rolandish (@RollingWrapZine) who posts rather amusing responses to tweets about unicycling from west coast USA (I think). On Thursday he retweeted the following…

…which was me riding to work on the Wednesday after dropping the car off at the Garage. I’d obviously been photographed by someone I passed en route.
It’s a small old world isn’t it…

“The Juggler” at Woodside Park, in Silver Spring, MD… had to get a pic with the fellow unicyclist, but he was way better than me at idling.

2 Likes

Were you really wearing jeans and a long sleeve today? It was hot!

I know that place. I live a few miles away. Where else do you ride?

I know Rolandish from our Silicon Valley Unicycle Club. Small world indeed!