unicycle ratings

Hi all, wondering if there is any independent reports on quality of unicycles. Along the line of a consumer reports type deal. Also a listing of riding clubs in Oregon? I’m basically a newbie, used to ride a long time ago and am now back on the saddle. Lotsa fun:D

Re: unicycle ratings

Hi all, wondering if there is any independent reports on quality of unicycles. Along the line of a consumer reports type deal.

Not that I know of…

Also a listing of riding clubs in Oregon? I’m basically a newbie, used to ride a long time ago and am now back on the saddle. Lotsa fun:D

Not sure on this one either since I’m a right coaster. But I know there are a few people from the Oregon/Washington area that are frequenters to the forum, so perhaps one of them has started a club.

Sorry I’m not much help

Chex

Hi Grok,

Don’t know of any reports, but you can get lots of feed back from people in this forum about unicyle quality.

I live in Salem, OR and don’t know of any clubs. I go on rides with Jagur on Sundays and it would be great to have others join us. We ride in the city & on trails.

Gene

grok,i got your email but it didnt make much sense.you made it sound as if we’ve met before but i know we havent.

Dudley and i tri to go ride on Sundays.right now i dont accually have a unicycle together but hopefully it will be runnin by next Sunday.

where are you in Ore?

Hi , no we haven’t met at all. Sorry if I gave that impression, I’m in Cottage Grove.

No, but it would be nice to have. I think our market is about ready for such a thing, but not yet ready for someone to do it other than as a hobby project (unlike Consumer Reports, which has plenty of budget).

The closest thing to a ratings source is right here, this newsgroup. A mixture of cold hard facts and various opinions are constantly flying around here. Just search the Unicyclist.com archives on various subjects to find all sorts of review-type information.

“The closest thing to a ratings source is right here, this newsgroup. A mixture of cold hard facts and various opinions are constantly flying around here. Just search the Unicyclist.com archives on various subjects to find all sorts of review-type information.” -John Foss

^Word. Mr. Foss doesn’t call himself a know-it-all for no reason people.

“The closest thing to a ratings source is right here, this newsgroup. A mixture of cold hard facts and various opinions are constantly flying around here. Just search the Unicyclist.com archives on various subjects to find all sorts of review-type information.” -John Foss
Thanks, I will try and do that, would like to get another unicycle with a higher pressure tire etc. than my Torker. Besides my son is trying to learn how to ride and is givin the torker quite a beatin’.
I will probably end up calling up unicycle.com and let them sell me something. :astonished:

What kind of uni are you looking for there are many different specialty ones. And then there are also all arround riding ones

If you describe your ideal riding style… ie) touring, trials (hopping on stuff) Muni, Cross Country, freestlye… Or even just the stuff you think you’ll be riding on the most.

There are alot of people that read this forum who know their stuff and can tell you what part combinations/ uni’s are best for each type of riding.

good luck in finding that perfect ride

Mike

Hi Mike, I just need to educate myself more. I originally posted hoping there was more or less a cheat sheet somewhere that explained it all. I think tricks are cool but I’m more interested in just riding. I guess that would be a major in touring with a minor in muni.
It’s been raining so much that my feet keep slipping off my Torker and I can forget about freemounting when my feet are wet. I have seen folks posting about pedals with pins in them like bmx bikes so I will be checking that out. I will keep lurkin and learnin thanks,:slight_smile: Mark

Grokthezeppelin wrote:

> I guess that would be a major in touring with a minor in muni.
> It’s been raining so much that my feet keep slipping off my Torker
> and I can forget about freemounting when my feet are wet. I have seen
> folks posting about pedals with pins in them like bmx bikes so I will
> be
> checking that out. I will keep lurkin and learnin thanks,:slight_smile: Mark

Yep, I have just discovered how good pedals with pins are. They really
glue your feet to the pedals, which actually means I’ve had to improve
my aim during mounting because it’s really hard to move my feet if they
are in the wrong position.

Pinned DX style pedals are pretty cheap, I’ve seen them for about £15.

Nick Grey
Add 0112 before the “at” to e-mail me.

I think the nearest thing to that, aside from the overabundance of text here, is in the Education section at Unicycle.com:
http://www.unicycle.com/education.asp

That was written by one person (me), but intending to be as generic as possible to help people determine what kind of unicycle they want. Or at least to explain to people why there are so many kinds, when a few years ago there were hardly any kinds!

John , very informative link for newbies like me. Thanks alot, also its finally not raining today and I just nailed my freemount 5 times in a row! I know that’s nothing, especially after watching some of these movie trailers but I’m a little pluped just the same.
:slight_smile: