Unicycle Race Horwich 18/06/17

Hi guys.

This is a grand day out.

The Fifth British National Unicycling Road Race
Sunday 18th June 2017 1-05pm start
Entry fee £15 (Adults) £10 (u18)
The race consists of 7 (1 mile) laps of Horwich Town Centre course. Be at the start, next to the town hall well before 1pm. When the leader has completed 7 laps, all other competitors will be finished as they pass the finishing line. Some competitors may be finished earlier to ensure the course is free for the next race.

Come in plenty of time for chinwagging beforehand :slight_smile:
After the race there is a get together so if you have juggling gear bring that along. There are plenty of places to eat.

More details on the unicycle northwest Facebook page.

Alucard

Damn, I’d come along but I’ve got A level exams from the 12th to the 29th of June.

Kit.

Still waiting to know how things went… :wink:

Unicycle road race Horwich

I can say how things went from my perspective. It was the hottest day of the year to date. It was also the first time i had ever seen another unicyclist let alone ridden with. I only learned to ride four months ago and did the race on a KH 27.5" Muni. I did 4 laps in the time that the winner did 7 on a 36"er. I had no UPDs. I think the winner took approx 25mins to complete 7 laps. All in all it was a great day, i met some like minded people and am looking forward to maybe doing it on a 36"er next year.

Here’s how it went for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYl2gz5YRZs :smiley: My third race so far, hoping to actually get 3rd, 2nd or even first next year!