Unicycle performance at Culver's

If you haven’t experienced Culver’s Butter Burgers and custard shakes, you haven’t treated your taste buds to real living! I’m not sure how widespread Culver’s is but they are here in the midwest and one is finally going to be built in Rochelle (with the proper building permits, of course :)). Can’t wait!

Some weeks ago, we were at Culver’s in Sycamore, IL and lined up a performance for the boys for the restaurant’s 5th anniversary. This weekend is performance time. We were the featured performance troupe during the middle of the afternoon and will be back performing tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon as well.

We had our sound system and were playing pretty high energy music for Ben and Brad’s routines. Brad wowed the crowd on the 6 footer and some of the bad skateboarder dudes were in awe of Ben doing 360’s on his trials uni. Lots of fun.

The boys performed for about 15 minutes at a time, then we took about 20 minutes to interact with the crowd and let them try their hand at uni’ing, then repeated the process throughout the two hours. If you’re in the area tomorrow, be sure to stop by. We’ll be there from 1:00-3:00 p.m. and they’re offering $1 cheeseburgers and hotdogs and $1 bowls of frozen custard.

Sorry about the quality of the photos. They are video stills so aren’t the best quality.

Bruce

culvers performance 1.jpg

culvers performance 2.jpg

culvers performance 3.jpg

culvers performance 4.jpg

Cool stuff. If they are video stills do you have a video you could upload onto one of the gallery’s. I would love to see it.
And that bike thing, where could I get one of those. And also are those easier to do wheelies on?

MM,

I uploaded the four video clips we took today to http://gallery.unicyclist.com/naucc2003?page=10

The third clip we took with the camera sideways in order to get the tall giraffes in the picture. We didn’t think about the outcome though. The video of course is now sideways and I’m not sure how to rotate it or if it can even be rotated. Perhaps someone could help out here and I could replace the clip with one oriented correctly.

The “bike thing” is a Super Trick Cycle that we purchased from another unicycle club during NAUCC 2003 in Minneapolis. I’m not sure they make this particular one anymore, but there is something similar on Unicycle.com. Yes, you can do wheelies all day long if you can ride a unicycle. The contraption is basically a unicycle with a frame and front wheel added on. It’s always a crowd pleaser for them to see Brad riding a wheelie and spinning the handle bars for an extended length of time.

Bruce

I uploaded a rotated version of the video to my Temporary Stuff gallery. It’s on page 2 of the gallery way at the bottom of the page. You can copy it from there and put it in your own gallery.

I converted it to an MPG file in the process cause that’s the easy way for me to make it compatible with most computers.

Rotated with VirtualDub
Converted to MPG with TMPGEnc
Both tools are freeware.

Wow, thanks John. That’s so great!

Hey, how 'bout that…I’m crickless! Rotated video clip is now uploaded with the rest.

Couple more pics from today’s performance back at Culvers. First of Ben performing a still stand with seat out front. Then a pic of Brad posing with Clyde. Clyde was a big hit with the kids, especially when I cruised inside the restaurant with him.

All in all, a very fun weekend.

Bruce

Got paid today for our performance. Woohoo! Sure pays to be a professional. :smiley:

Fun pics Bruce. Looks like you guys put on a good show. Wish I could have been there to see it.

Bill