Unicycle Noob Help

:smiley: Hello i’m austin i’m considering getting a unicycle for christmas but… if its too hard to pick up and ill never be able to ride it i wont get one. Please tell me if its easy to learn or any tips on how to pick it up. Because i REALLY want to learn how to UNICYCLE:D

I learned in probably less than 6 hours of actually trying to ride, within one day.

Learned to ride a BC Wheel in about 15 minutes.

If you’re determined, you’ll pick it up fairly quickly.

get in a hallway or a tennis court or somthing and just keep trying. i learned in a weekend…

I could ride across a small basketball court after 2 or 3 hours of trying on a 20" wheel. The more determined you are the quicker you will learn.

A good idea is to find a fence with two gates some distance apart that you can keep riding around.

What I did was ride around this fence as fast as I could (fairly slow) till I learned how to pedal the unicycle, then I started to let go and ride on my own. Eventually I rode around in a big open space to learn how to turn.

I rode within 2-3 hours but that was 100% determination and commitment. More you put in, the more you get out.

JUst get one and practise…its a rewarding sport…and youll pick it up easly…hell if i can ride one anyone can…

Also have alot of patience, perseverance and confidence and you’ll that unicycling will become a new and fun to do. :smiley:

Have fun too also. :smiley:

1. Put all your weight on the seat. Try to keep your legs relaxed and weight off the pedals.
  2. Adjust the seatpost such that your leg is slightly bent when the pedal is at the bottom of its travel.
  3. Find a flat smooth surface to practice on like a gymnasium or vinyl floor. Concrete and asphalt are harder to ride on for a beginner.
  4. It will feel impossible for what seems a long time, but keep trying. Figure on at least 1-2 weeks before you start making significant progress.
  5. Find somebody local who already rides to help teach you and give you inspiration.

If you follow these steps, you stand an excellent chance of learning how to ride.