Unicycle in Wal-Mart

I was wondering if anyone had experience with taking(not riding) their unicycle into Wal-Mart or just any store in general. I was thinking about carrying my unicycle into Wal-Mart to get a tool for it, but I wasn’t sure if that was frowned upon or not.

Maybe Billy the Mountain Goat has some insight into this matter. :sunglasses:

I take my unicycles in any store I want to go into. Even my 36er. It’s rare that people will frown upon it mainly because they don’t know what to make of it. I have taken my KH20 into Walmart and it was fine.

Aww, I thought this thread was going to be about walmart beginning to sell unicycles.

I don’t see how they can reasonably object - it’s not like they can claim you’re stealing it…

I rode into one and rode through the store once so I think they wouldn’t have a problem with you carrying it in.
Especially if you explain that you’re buying a part for it.

3:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82FmUHPOdfE

just watch out for the trampling mobs…

I was told to leave my uni By the door, the lady said no one would take it, Ha! I just marched in though.

^^ The security guard said the same thing to me. I debated with him for some moments before dumping it in an empty trolley and walking past him. He got the last words with “Just don’t ride it OK!!!”.

The only time I’ve had any real trouble in a store was an afternoon visit to Subway. I walked in, put my bag on a chair, placed my uni between a pillar and the wall, and went to get some food. About half way through my munch the manager notices, comes running out from the office screaming, picks up my uni and slams it against the window. I was suitably confused and annoyed by her, but I stayed poite. I asked her to put my stuff down and tell me what the problem was. She didn’t, instead she decided shouting fire hazard and no bikes. If you bring this in, people will bring bikes in, blah blah blah. In the end I packed up and left. A mediocre subway isn’t worth the hastle.

me and my friends take our unicycles in every store we go in, no one cares at all except there is one store in our town that one guy doesn’t care but there is this lady who doesn’t want us to bring them in, but I can understand because it is a small toy store.

Alan key. I don’t have the correct size and a screw driver is not ideal. :roll_eyes:

I was on the way home from helping out at the youth centre, and stopped in at the local super market on the way. I had a 20’’ and my mini giraffe uni’s with me, and I wasn’t gonna leave them outside, so I went in with them. I got to the frozen foods section at the other side of the shop before security found me, not to remove me but to ask if I could ride the mini giraffe, as he hadn’t seen one that small, and asked if I could ride the 20’’ uni, So I ended up unicycling in the super market at the request of the security guards, it was random, and funny.

I tend to leave my 36 with a cashier but take my 20 or 26 with me. Never had any problems.

I always bring my kh20 into any store I go into. About 1/40 stores has a problem with that.

I take my KH 20" in shops everywhere. Practically no one ever has a problem with it.

I go to a circus group and we all go to the pub afterwards and I have to put it behind the bar then. Apart from that everyone is fine with it.

In some shops the people who work there actually ask me to ride it in the shop to show them. The other day I was in a skate shop doing a few 180 unispins.

I once went in a small supermarket with two mates so we had 3 trials unicycles between us. We put all the unis in one trolley and went round the supermarket putting stuff on top of them. I’ve got a few photos somewhere. I think they are on my computer at home. I’ll try and upload em in a few days when I get back from university for christmas.

I rode around in wallmart with 3 other friends, and bought 5$ grandma shoes. Everyone was like “aahg… oregon people…”

Haha, by the title of this thread I thought it was about riding inside Walmart! Well, I have ridden inside TWO different Walmarts and didn’t have any problems either time. In fact, the “greeters” welcomed me as usual! So if I could ride my (36er!) inside without incident, you should easily be able to just take your uni inside with you.:slight_smile:

Haha, by the title of this thread I thought it was about riding inside Walmart! Well, I have ridden inside TWO different Walmarts and didn’t have any problems either time. In fact, the “greeters” welcomed me as usual! (A non-employee did say, “You can’t ride that” or something, but I kept going!) So if I could ride my (36er!) inside without incident, you should easily be able to just take your uni inside with you.:slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsTkDldnV4

Hmm, This makes me want to go unicycle through a mall, has anyone tried before?

Affirmative. Many times. :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll have to try this weekend :smiley: