Unicycle Icons - Dent Style

Came across a different style of Icon that I really like called “Dent”. It’s styled like an indented glass button with the icon image frozen into the bottom. So I had to spend a few hours disecting the style to se if I could reproduce it. I’ve generated a few Unicycle Icons but to save Gilbys server I won’t post them all here. But if anyone want’s a copy send me an email to Noel.Holland@unicyclist.com and I’ll send you the zip file.

Here are a few JPG’s of the finished icons.

Re: Unicycle Icons - Dent Style

> Came across a different style of Icon that I really like called “Dent”.
> It’s styled like an indented glass button with the icon image frozen
> into the bottom. So I had to spend a few hours dissecting the style to se
> if I could reproduce it. I’ve generated a few Unicycle Icons but to save
> Gilby’s server I won’t post them all here. But if anyone wants a copy
> send me an email to Noel.Holland@unicyclist.com and I’ll send you the
> zip file.

That would be very cool, thanks.
>
> Here are a few JPGs of the finished icons.
> [image: d:\My Documents\My Pictures\Portfolio\Dent Icons\Kris Holm 2
> Dent Ico.jpg]
> [image: d:\My Documents\My Pictures\Portfolio\Dent Icons\UDC Dent
> Ico.jpg]
> [image: d:\My Documents\My Pictures\Portfolio\Dent Icons\Unicyclist Dent
> Ico.jpg]

We can’t see your D drive, dude.

Strange, it worked last time. I’ll try to post the jpgs to the gallery instead.

Ok, I’m having problems posting the icon images so I’ve downloaded them to the Deviant Art Website so that you can pull them off from there (Very cool website with more windows mods than you can shake a brace of Cokers at).

Link is
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation.php?id=410870

Noel-

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it to get the icon files. How do you view them with some reasonable resolution? If I choose one as an icon to use on the desktop it’s too tiny to see what it is. I’m a bonehead so type slowly so I can get it. Thanks.

harper, can’t let that one past…

They seem to be 64X64 WinXP style icons which means they’ll look ok in thumbnail view or large icon view [not views i use very often]

[i typed this as slowly as possible but at this speed my fingers tend to wobble and miss the keys]

richard.

Thanks, bonehead. I could read it OK but, it came so fast, it’s hard for me to process. I’ll chew on it for awhile.

IrfanView <http://www.irfanview.com/> can view the icons in the various standard icon sizes. IrfanView will also view many other graphic file formats.

The icon files are in XP format and contain 128, 72, 64, 48, 32, 24 and 16 square sized icons. They are a bit small in normal 32 size since the surrounding indentation takes up about 2/3’s of the space.

As Richard says, they look their best at the larger 48x48 size but unless you have a large screen this size takes up a bit too much space on the desktop. My desktop icons are set to 32x32 and I don’t have a problem but since I know what they are supposed to be I probably find them easier to recognise.

John’s suggestion of using Ifranview is a good, Ifranview is worth downloading anyway even if you don’t need it for the icons.

Have done. Works great. Thanks to Noel and John.