Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

My idea is a unicycle just slightly less heavy than air. I’m thinking hydrogen/helium alloy. Or wing’ed pedals and a bit of speed.

Pashley unicycle frames have integrated seat clamps.They’re not very good.

i think specialized makes a few road bikes with integrated seat post clamps and i saw one company,but i forgot who it was had an integrated seat post clamp that really caught my eye…it was kinda pointy and cool looking…

pinerallo

i think those look like some pretty sick integrated seat post/seat post clamps…

Acutally I don’t thing there is a problem with a suspension uni and the distance changing from seat to pedles. I’ve been riding one for about 5 years (my own creation) it’s very nice and takes bumps and curbs very well. I don’t get overly tired quickly eaither. But… YOu could make a suspension uni by putting the wheel on a swing arm/arms which pivot around the crank and pedles of the solid crank and seat post. A chain or gear drive would transfer the truns and power of the crank to the wheel. This system would allow the wheel to move up and down and keep the distance between seat and peddles the same. But as I say I dont think its’ neccessary. My uni is sprung at the wheel and gives me a good ride.

I have a bike that uses only one suspension fork, its a cannondale and as i only use that bike for x-country it does the job perfectly. But I wouldnt do any serious drops on it (4ft tops) but then again its a x-country bike and not made for all that.

Also my mate has a mtb that has like a second seat post thingy inside another seat post. This allows him to have his seat real low for downhill and higher for climbing, I think that could be effictive in unicycling possibly??

this is what i drew in cadd…its pretty simple and not great…
the idea is that you could have an integrated seatpost clamp if u want to look at the picture that way…
or another way u could look at is that the seat post clamp is a giant shim that is welded to the frame…so in theory it would be an integrated seat post clamp…
you could have you seatpost or seatpost tube go into the hole…
and the outside (shim) could have some words or a logo cut through it) so that when u look at the uni it looks like u got an engraving or something…

If you look around in the file menu in auto cad you will find an export to image thing. That way you don’t need to take screen shots.

Here’s that MTB adjustable on the fly seatpost:
http://www.gravitydropper.com/GravityDropper.html

A competition implies there will be some sort of judging at the end or a cut off date. Many would assume there is a reward for whoever wins.

So, who are the judges? Or will it be by poll? What’s the reward, prize, or bling? Who wants to put up items for the winner?

1. Do not worry if you do not win. The objective is to see how many people can create your dream design/creation and me and some people that i’m thinking of will judge. But need more ideas to create a poll. :smiley: :smiley:

2. Have fun, jeez. That’s the whole point. But there will be judges and a poll soon enough. :smiley:

mine

I know that some MTB have their little slit for the seat clamp in front, so the mud doesn’t get stuck in there. Why not having this on a Muni ?

-Hugo-

hahahahahaha;dhdasf;ugahbr;glureho

My 1999 Powerlite BMX has this also.

if you don’t have brakes, just turn the frame around. and even with brakes you can just weld on new mounts on the front(which would be on the back when you turn the frame around).

Oh yeah so true ! I forgot for a couple of instants that b*kes and unis were different :o

-Hugo-

Just finished!!

On design and building. I just got done, today working on my forth uni (three actually my forth is a shwin) I built it from bycicle parts, seems fitting almost. It rides pretty good but I’ve only been on twice and haven’t gone that far yet.

All my uni’s have bolt seat posts not clamps. If you go bolt you have to have pretty close tolerances in the seat post to frame tubes and bolt to hole fits. I’ve actually mashined them. I have an old uni (don’t know make) that it’s frame pipe just fit the seat post to a shwin. Used it for years. The bolts do not let anything move when you least want things to move. I’m trying to attach photos of my two favorites. My newest and my suspensioned. I’ve not had much luck with photos so sorry if the photo doesn’t shown up. They are both made from bycicle parts.

my two.JPG

i would love some street cranks with ruber on them so they would be grippy in the rain

unijim used tape