unicycle.com prices,some up some down

I just noticed that every piece of Miyata equipment has had price decreases of at least a couple dollars.:smiley:

But on the other hand i noticed that the KH trials and KH muni have gone up in price about $25 dollars. :thinking:

Anyone else notice $$ changes?

I have only noticed three things about unicycle.com:

1.) They have an unimaginably large and heretofore unheard of unicycle and unicycling selection

2.) Everything they carry is a bargain and they stand behind all of it

3.) John and Amy Drummond are two of the kindest, friendliest, warmest, most helpful, and most generous people I have ever met in my entire life

Harper

All that you said is true.I was only noticing things.After all we are customers and i think its ok to talk about prices,no harm intended.

Perhaps this is where I should release my idea to the public.

I was at my local bike shop over the weekend and noticed the large price difference between Wholesale and Retail. This got me thinking why cant someone start a Non-Low profit Uni/Bike E-shop (Im still working out alot of stuff and dont want to make a promise I cant keep with a Non Profit opperation)

To start I’m gonna try to keep things simple. Preferably I would like to do only custom orders from customers for stuff like Profile Hubs/Cranks, 661 and Roach armor, odyssey and some other Pedal Companies. Perhaps even go as far as talking to Onza/Norco about ordering uni’s and parts from them.

Now by no means do I want to put Unicycle.com out of buisness, what I want to do is something for the good of the sport. Helping other riders like myself who dont have the cash to pay inflated prices that go along with running a large operation. Next week is going to be my big lets get a Buisness plan together and start talking to companies about what it would take to get stuff at wholesale. Hopefully I’ll have some free time with classes :stuck_out_tongue:

Checkernut,

I am happy for you and good luck with your project.I am also happy that you started your own thread on that topic too.

Now,any one else know why the the KH’s went up in $$.?The pictures are still the same and it does’nt say anything differant
?

Where are the KH’s made? If John has to import them the exchange rate needs to be taken into the equation.

Gary

Spanker,

I would try pricing the individual parts to see if u can get a better deal. If the KH’s increased that much you may be able to save that much if not more by simply putting it together yourself. That’s what I did.:slight_smile:

To me anything over $400 for a unicycle is a rip. Remeber the guy with the most expensive shoes isn’t always the fastest runner. For me the Schwinn’s give the most "ho per dough"or “bang for buck” and they are very reasonably priced. Problem is their rarely available it seems.

gotta go granpa got my panties on his head again.

Kris probably needs a new car. I saw the one he was driving at UNICON.

Why arn’t the Schwinn frames avalable just frame only? they sell the schwinn wheelsets, Gilby can you explain?

Thnx
Aaron

uni stand

ok this is really random and completeley useless, but i noticed that the uni stand has risen from 7.00 to 8.00 recently. though i doubt seriously anybody would buy one thats a change. I also saw a pretty funny review on it too by the way if you guys want to check it out

unicycle.com prices,some up some down

Well, ya see, we got this here thing in the world called
 whaddya callit agin?.. oh, yeah
 uh
 inflation.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, or somewhere in the woods of Montana (Montana Unicyclists and Unibombers, take note: I’m merely speaking figuratively and ironically here, so relax! ) for the past few years, you’ll have noticed a rather non-gradual downturn in the economy. If you haven’t noticed, ask your mom & dad. The rest of the world’s economies, especially those of countries whose main exports are to the US, flux in direct relation to the US’. If spending in the States drops, profits to overseas companies like Miyata drop, and in direct (if stupid) reaction, prices go up;
 uh, before said prices come to you via retailers like Unicycle.com. I know that’s a rather simplistic description of the process, but maybe those of us who have been consumers a little longer understand or expect this more.

I know you said “I was only noticing things”, but your implication is clear. Watch yer mouth.

Wanna complain? There’s an election coming up. Probably won’t make any difference, though.

“It’s the economy, stupid.” :frowning:

As our economy suffers, Miyata makes shitty seats.

Sendhair,

I do want to complian.

I know business is Business, and thats all about making money. And yeah sometimes thats nice to do. But I want everyone to be able to Unicycle that wants to. Not just thoes of us who have steady 9-5 jobs, or partents that are willing to support their habbits.

Lets do it for the little guy and forget about profit for once do it simply for the sport.

Re: unicycle.com prices,some up some down

Why are you so mean to me?I have no implication,only thoughts.

If i am so stupid then tell me why the KH uni’s have gone up $25 dollars yet the Profile hub they come with has gone down to $299 from $314?

I lurk here mostly and I think its safe to say that Sendhair is a mean spirited person.I should go back to lurking its much nicer in there.

> I lurk here mostly and I think its safe to say that Sendhair is a mean
> spirited person.I should go back to lurking its much nicer in there.

Well, he is mean-spirited; it comes from not blinking, I think.

Whether it’s safe to say so is a separate question. I’m an armed
heavyweight. You?

One of the cruel jokes in life is that when you’re young enough to make the best use of an expensive unicycle you can’t afford it. When you are old enough to afford an expensive unicycle you no longer have the youthful energy and time to ride it like the young kids.

The unicycle availability and cost issues are getting much better than they used to be. A good muni used to be a totally custom job, would cost you over $2500, and required that you get very familiar with your local machinist who was building your custom parts. Soon you’ll be able to buy an Onza or Norco muni or trials unicycle for less than $500 that is stock and better made and designed than the old custom jobs that would eat more than a $2500 hole in your wallet.

Unicycle.com has made it so easy to buy unicycles. Everything from the low end Torker on up to the high end Wilders and KHs.

Unicycle.com has also been instrumental in getting new low cost but high quality unicycles like the Yuni, Nimbus II, and Norco to market. A hard core muni or trials unicycle is no longer a $2500 custom job, now it’s a $500 stock item. That is incredible. You should be thanking unicycle.com cause they have done more for the sport than any retailer or distributor ever has. It is now so easy to buy any flavor of unicycle that availability is no longer a barrier to entry for a newbie getting their first unicycle or an experienced unicyclist getting a hard core muni. Cost is still a barrier for some people, but the cost situation has gotten much better.

What would the trials and muni scene be like if we all had to buy our unicycles the old fashioned way? How many of us would be doing hard core muni or trials if the strong hubs and frames were all one-off custom orders? Would muni and trials have advanced as much as it has in the last 3 or 4 years if unicycle.com wasn’t around? I know I don’t want to go back to the old days (old being 1999) when a Pashely on a 2" tire was a high end muni.

john_childs

Checkernuts <Checkernuts.abj8m@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

> Lets do it for the little guy and forget about profit for once do it
> simply for the sport.

Unforunatly for the “little guy” the rest of us, also need to eat, pay
for the roof over our heads and rags on our backs. That includes the “rest
of us” who sell stuff for a living, and the "rest of us " who transport
stuff for a living, and the “rest of us” that make cardboard boxes to
deliver unicycles in.

Fact of life, stuff costs. Fact of life,stuff costs
more than it did a few years ago. Fact of business, you have to put up the
prices you charge customers sometimes, so you can continue to cover the
costs of supplying that item to the customer and keep a roof over your and
your families head.

Sorry to be a party pooper but TANSTAAFL.
sarah

–

Gee! Why can’t everything just be FREE?

I wasn’t being mean to you, you big crybaby.

If you just wanted to know the answers to your questions, Unicycle.com has an email address, and John Drummond often personally replies to email they receive. You could’ve asked him. You chose to post your “thought” in this public forum. It was an implication. You obviously expected everyone to commiserate with your “thoughts”. Tough.

“Watch yer mouth.” was not intended as anything to hurt your feelings. Guess I should’ve added a smiley, but that’s what my avatar’s for now. It winks. A wink means; “Don’t take this seriously.”

I did not coin the expression; “It’s the economy, stupid.”. It was a political soundbyte from the not too-distant past. I only used it as the cliche which it has become. It was not directed at you, trialzSpanker. I wasn’t calling you “stupid”. It’s a way to say “Oh, well
” about beyond-our-control economic realities.

Oooh! (sniff!) Hypocrite! It’s OK for you to be mean, though, eh? Like the way you criticize my avatars. This is the second time, BTW. Don’t worry, I’m shakin’ in my boots, now that I know you have arms. You’re safe. Damned nice of you to come to trialzSpanker’s comfort and defence, though.

Checkernuts, I wish you luck in your utopian entrepreneurial objective. I suggest you enroll in a business course or two, just for some perspective; or maybe in a course on how to write government grant proposals for “non-profit” organizations. This last sentence was not sarcasm.

> > -originally posted by trialzSpanker:-
> > Why are you so mean to me?I have no implication,only thoughts.
>
> I wasn’t being mean to you, you big crybaby.
>
> If you just wanted to know the answers to your questions, Unicycle.com
> has an email address, and John Drummond often personally replies to
> email they receive. You could’ve asked him. You chose to post your
> “thought” in this public forum. It was an implication. You obviously
> expected everyone to commiserate with your “thoughts”. Tough.
>
> “Watch yer mouth.” was not intended as anything to hurt your feelings.
> Guess I should’ve added a smiley, but that’s what my avatar’s for now.
> It winks. A wink means; “Don’t take this seriously.”
>
> I did not coin the term “It’s the economy, stupid.”. It was a political
> sound bite from the not too-distant past. I only used it as the cliché
> which it has become. It was not directed at you, trialzSpanker. I
> wasn’t calling you “stupid”. It’s a way to say “Oh, well
” about
> beyond-our-control economic realities.
>
> > -originally posted by Scott Kurland:-
> > Well, he is mean-spirited; it comes from not blinking, I think.
> > Whether it’s safe to say so is a separate question. I’m an armed
> > heavyweight. You?

> Oooh! (sniff!) Hypocrite! It’s OK for you to be mean, though, eh?

Well, yeah. :wink:

> Like the way you criticize my avatars. This is the second time, BTW.
> Don’t worry, I’m shaking in my boots, now that I know you have arms.

Heck, I’m in Texas, it’s a rule.

> You’re safe. Damned nice of you to come to trialzSpanker’s comfort and
> defense, though.

Mean and nice in the same post, I’m so cool.
>
> Checkernuts, I wish you luck in your utopian entrepreneurial objective.
> I suggest you enroll in a business course or two, just for some
> perspective; or maybe in a course on how to write government grant
> proposals for “non-profit” organizations. This last sentence was not
> sarcasm.

Good idea.

Delivery fee is quite high in here.

The main concern in Korea is delivery fee.
It is natural and understandable but anyway
 expensive!!.:wink: